Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Liverpool were winning first division and European titles they were the most tedious club in the country to watch, yet very few in the media called them out for it. When Forest battered them in Europe there seemed to be a mass celebration throughout the country, and that was a time when many fans wanted all British teams to beat European opposition. Their football was genuinely boring and if the media aren't impressed by us they should look up a few old Liverpool videos.

No coincidence that their period of dominance ended when the pass-back was outlawed.

If previous rag teams means those since red nose left, I think we all look back at them with extreme fondness. I wonder what they think of Chelsea throwing caution to the wind against us in the last two matches. Or is that our fault as well?
I'll have a pint of what you've been drinking! I refer you to a previous post I wrote on my love of the rags, which I stand by.

"Pull yourself together, man.
This is the rags you're talking about!
Hating the rags is for life, not just for Christmas."

When Liverpool were winning first division and European titles they were the most tedious club in the country to watch, yet very few in the media called them out for it. When Forest battered them in Europe there seemed to be a mass celebration throughout the country, and that was a time when many fans wanted all British teams to beat European opposition. Their football was genuinely boring and if the media aren't impressed by us they should look up a few old Liverpool videos.
All I remember was after them going 1-0 up Grobbelaar rolling out to Hansen (or any other defender) and them passing it back and him picking it up again. Time wasting at its best in them days

Last edited:
I was busy celebrating at the ground so didn't look but when you watched it back, did you notice whether Kante got booked for his, fortunately unsuccessful, attempt to cripple KDB as he left him standing ?

Shouldn't have been booked.

Laws now are that a deliberate foul to break up play only gets a booking if (a) it stops the attack or (b) it satisfies other conditions (e,g reckless). Kante's was clearly neither.

I'll have a pint of what you've been drinking! I refer you to a previous post I wrote on my love of the rags, which I stand by.

"Pull yourself together, man.
This is the rags you're talking about!
Hating the rags is for life, not just for Christmas."
Its really just like seeing the old school bully in the pub and smiling in fond rememberance of the day he finally got a well deserved battering. A fond memory, even if you still hate his guts.

Just heard some bellend on Hawksbee and Jacobs saying that nobody .. apart from City fans... will look back at our team with any fondness... unlike previous teams like the Rags !!!

We're just a machine and it's boring apparently
That might have been Delaney. He was definitely on this afternoon - I heard them thank him when his piece finished. I didn't hear all his interview though.

That might have been Delaney. He was definitely on this afternoon - I heard them thank him when his piece finished. I didn't hear all his interview though.
No it was before he came on. Some opinionated clown talking through all the weekend games and acting like he knew everything

Co commentator Lee Dixon pre game on American TV ,Saturday “ I was born in Manchester and was a City fan as a boy , but today I really really want a Chelsea win, one team being so far ahead is not good for football.
Then Spent the game explaining how City were there for the taking and defensively shaky. & how Chelsea created ALL the best chances.
Pretty much a carbon copy of his behavior when we played Arsenal, although he does have a professional allegiance to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.