Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

I've run those final minutes of normal time over in my head a dozen times and I just don't think there's anything specific to pin the blame on. It just happens sometimes. That's the Champions League, that's football.

As I've seen someone say on Twitter, "Sometimes you 93:20 another team, sometimes another team 93:20s you". As much as humans like to look for patterns in things and like to try and explain the unexplainable, there really is no way to answer all the questions that nights like tonight bring up.

As our old friend Bobby Manc used to say, "This is football". Nights like tonight are why we love football so much, as much as it hurts when you're on the receiving end of its ability to produce unrivalled drama. I just hope the lads can get themselves ready for Sunday, dust themselves down, and get back on with the title race.

But even if we falter from here and end up completely potless, City will still be here tomorrow and we'll still be a joy to watch. Going trophyless is below expectations but it's not a crisis. We went without a trophy in 2013, 2015 and 2017, and if we go without winning anything in 2022 then we'll be fine. We'll just pick it up and start again.
This is how I feel but darker. When I fell in love with the club I was desperate we not get relegated because I couldn’t ever see us on TV in the states (long before streaming). It was get to 40, and put up a fight against the rags. But having been so high, like the old saying goes, it’s a greater height to fall from. I am 100 percent convinced we’d have destroyed Liverpool in the final. Now, we need to pick ourselves up and chase the Prem — but I don’t see how morale from this defeat (not to mention losing Walker) recovers enough to give our best performance over four matches. So I suspect the most undeserving fans in the history of the sport save Millwall will get their quad. It’s simply too depressing. Next season I’ll feel like all is fresh and new and I’ll probably feel better. But this feels like an inevitable apex today. And as much as the journey has been wondrous and unexpected, I somehow have this nagging feeling that the height to scale is just too much, no matter who’s on our side, no matter who’s managing us.

No....but he's a seasoned pro, respected international, and whether starting or a sub, you expect a bit of desire, impetus, and someone who wants to grab the game to show everyone he is that good.
He is the goto scapegoat but nope it is not on him for the two goals conceded forcing the extra time in the first place.

I can’t put this into words yet but I’ll give it a go
Had a bad feeling going into the game, Peps body language after the first leg was poor. He knew we’d blown a massive chance only coming away with a one goal lead

The refs refusal to book Casemeiro was baffling. Also some other things like the time added on and not giving Sterling that free kick when he was taken out. However I don’t blame him for the defeat at all.

That’s a collapse I’ve never seen before

The game was gone at the end of full time. Our players were gone, they’d shit themselves

Dias and Laporte were poor tonight
Defence fell apart when Walker went off

As for the subs
KDB I found strange but when Gundogan does well straight away to create the goal then it’s vindicated. A goal that should have settled it.

the rest of the subs were a bit shit
We were left in the end with no guile and no firepower and could still be playing now and wouldn’t have scored
I read a good point there. The way Real Madrid behaved in extra time, lying down at every challenge and running the clock down is exactly what we should have been doing from Mahrez scored to full time. A lack of craft.

not sure how the team will get over this but I’m totally gutted

Stop blaming uefa or the ref ffs, we lost tonight due to the players mentality that first goal from Madrid went in and their heads dropped. It’s all on them tonight.
Don’t see how their heads dropped between the goals wasn’t time

I hate this competition. We blew it, but the officiating is corrupt and that’s why I cannot take to it.
Officiating in the PL isn't any better. No penalties given against Liverpool for 46 games, Thiago booked twice all season etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.