VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The reality is however you cut it the margins of the rules will work for and against one team over another. Someone will always get pissed off.

Imagine that scenario was reversed and it was the rags that had scored that goal. Replays show he's a toe offside but benefit given to the attacker. We would all be having the same arguments.

Ultimately rules have to set a line and every decision has to fall one way or the other.

Gutted for Coventry but I don't fault the rules or the process. Although I would like to see a margin of error on these lines and benefit given to the referee decision.
You are looking at it from a 'perfect' scenario. There is no such thing. 40,000 Coventry fans watched their team come back from 3 down. In the last seconds they scored a winner that was beyond their dreams only to be denied by Var and 1 millimetre. That is not how football should be played. The whole spirit of the game has been taken away.

You are looking at it from a 'perfect' scenario. There is no such thing. 40,000 Coventry fans watched their team come back from 3 down. In the last seconds they scored a winner that was beyond their dreams only to be denied by Var and 1 millimetre. That is not how football should be played. The whole spirit of the game has been taken away.
I truly believe that goal would stand against any other team bar utd.
David Gill, scruffy Jim and the rest looked menacing yesterday

Although I think Twatwell is a cheating ****, I don’t think his performance yesterday had a anything to do with his perceived support of Luton, in fact thats more a badge of convenience just like rag twat Alty. No, I think it was more a case of not contradicting his mate and maybe embarrassing him on the field. Lovable scousers rogue referee Mike Dean admitted on occasion he didn’t intervene from the VAR bunker because he was watching his mates back. Now a convenient effect of Twatwell‘s lack of honesty may well have been a boost to Luton, but doubt that was his motive.
The problem is until the secrecy is dropped and PGMOL have openess and proper accountability they will continue to be questioned. I think it's about time more clubs called out their appalling decision making. If Forest think its down to bias, fair play to them for saying so.
PGMOL it's down to you to prove otherwise. Why the secrecy , why make refs sign NDAs. ??

I truly believe that goal would stand against any other team bar utd.
David Gill, scruffy Jim and the rest looked menacing yesterday
As soon as the thought of VAR review crossed our minds I think we all knew what the outcome would be.

The FA could have marketed a David V Goliath cup final. With us playing the pantomime bad guys. Instead they were thinking about TV audiences in Singapore.

I'm in no doubt they will want to kill the game in the final and probably play for penalties. A real spectacle for the neutrals....

The problem is until the secrecy is dropped and PGMOL have openess and proper accountability they will continue to be questioned. I think it's about time more clubs called out their appalling decision making. If Forest think its down to bias, fair play to them for saying so.
PGMOL it's down to you to prove otherwise. Why the secrecy , why make refs sign NDAs. ??
Remember a few years ago Kevin Friend got removed from title deciding game because he was exposed as a Leicester fan and there was potential of unconscious bias.

If Twatwell is a Luton fan it explains why he mostly gets top of the league games in VAR. However he shouldn't have been doing the game at Goodison for the same reason friend was removed from his match a few years ago.

We have a great VAR offside tech implemented in Europe. All this talk that you hear to remove VAR is probably to help the red Mafia push their narrative again. Whatever they want I will vote against .. feck em.

Fb_b6uRWAAgXQfc.jpg:large

Impossible to say that goal was offside. The margin was just too close. no justification at all to disallow it.
really feel sorry for the Coventry fans.

We have a great VAR offside tech implemented in Europe. All this talk that you hear to remove VAR is probably to help the red Mafia push their narrative again. Whatever they want I will vote against .. feck em.

Fb_b6uRWAAgXQfc.jpg:large
They make the referees job hard. Offside would be easier and fairer if the rule was changed to being onside if any part of your body is onside (clear daylight needed for offside)

They make the referees job hard. Offside would be easier and fairer if the rule was changed to being onside if any part of your body is onside (clear daylight needed for offside)
There will be a lot of goals if an attacker can stand goalside of a defender. Imagine the Rudiger/Haaland battles if it was Haaland that could stand goal side, and hold back Rudiger.

More goals is always good, but I'd like to see it trialled as it could really change the game.

Impossible to say that goal was offside. The margin was just too close. no justification at all to disallow it.
really feel sorry for the Coventry fans.

The rules should be fair for both sides,
You just can not give that goal as offside because of the fine margins involved, 100% if United scored that goal it would not even go to Var or they would say they looked and the goal stands and the referee blows for full-time.

Coventry City was robbed in clear day light and they never used a mask to rob them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.