VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Human error will always occur but you're purposely avoiding 'reducing' and making out that VAR hasn't increased the amount of correct verdicts than before. Nothing with rest of your points.

Statistics to back that up? Reliable, verified statistics? Preferably independent? Interested how many of those more "correct" decisions are offsides that couldn't have been detected on-field. Because I am not sure I would classify them as "correct" in a spirit-of-the-game sort of way ....

Have you got the source for that? I would like to understand the context.

There's countless examples of lower league teams, managers demanding it.
same for Scotland before it was introduced and many leagues around the world before it got implemented. This even after the ''shambles'' it has been in the PL.
off for a meal but happy to find links when got time.

PYGMOL instead of letting VAR do its job decided to use it as a means of being in control, at whatever cost, of the whole match to the point that games and results are manipulated. The audio clearly shows that the VAR officials are not very bright with all the talking over each other and unaware of the protocols after decisions are given. My opinion, for what its worth, is it needs to be one independant VAR working with the onfield ref, this practice of giving the jobs to fellow workmates does not and will not work.
EDIT. Add to that an independant timekeeper.

Last edited:
Apparently the reason for not going for the UEFA auto offside was it be out of date in a few years! More like a company have told them they have a new ofside technology and there is money in it for you if you don't go with the uefa one!

It's always about money
Yeah, I read somewhere it was because the UEFA and FIFA system was developed with Adidas and the PL uses Nike balls.

Currently, the Adidas balls have to have a chip placed inside them. But the next generation of the tech will not require this so can be used with any ball.

So, yeah, all about the money!

Next thrilling instalment of ‘Mic’d Up’ with Howie and little Mikey on Tuesday, to reassure all you doubters that things are working just fine. 7 pm.
I wonder which "safe" decisions Howard will show after spending 27 minutes apologising to the scousers?

There's countless examples of lower league teams, managers demanding it.
same for Scotland before it was introduced and many leagues around the world before it got implemented. This even after the ''shambles'' it has been in the PL.
off for a meal but happy to find links when got time.
Countless...
You’ve been handed your arse on a VAR plate. Again.,

It's no more or less bent than the 3 people making split decisions on the pitch. It just takes longer and stops the average fan from enjoying the game. What's not to like?

It's no more or less bent than the 3 people making split decisions on the pitch. It just takes longer and stops the average fan from enjoying the game. What's not to like?
Yeah but every team wants it. Including the Scottish 2nd division.
Nobody asked the fans but you’re right, it’s absolutely brilliant watching a match and not being able to celebrate properly. What’s not to like?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.