Álvaro Negredo Sánchez (part two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread seems to be in the the going round and round in circles phase at the moment.

Phase 1 - link to player + Youtube footage

Phase 2 - Discussion whether good enough or not and whether will adapt to prem.

Phase 3 - Argue over price

Phase 4 Further links to player

Repeat Phase 2 and Phase 3 until we either back off, or player arrives for medical.

Final phase - Player signs - repeat phase 2 and 3 but add Welcome to City I will support any player wearing blue and we will see how it goes.

:-)

If negredo scores 20-25 next year ,for his price I'd think/hope everyone would be happy with that and I think it's completely do able. Sure he's not the most mobile , but tevez' mobility with his 17 iq was irritating at times last year as he seemed to defend us better than the teams we were playing.Anyway, If cavani were here and scored 25-30, which is also do able though maybe a bit optimistic , would that difference justify the extra 30 mil? Just seems people were hung up on cavani cause he was one of the "big" people available and they'd be able to win debates at the office with rag coworkers. Also it's making me feel old as shit how people keep describing 27 year olds like they're senior citizens. People not worried about dropping 50+mil on a "unproven" striker seem terrified we've spent almost 15 million on a "unproven" player who's resale value won't be much in 3 years because he's an ancient 27, seems a bit odd.

rick773 said:
If negredo scores 20-25 next year ,for his price I'd think/hope everyone would be happy with that and I think it's completely do able. Sure he's not the most mobile , but tevez' mobility with his 17 iq was irritating at times last year as he seemed to defend us better than the teams we were playing.Anyway, If cavani were here and scored 25-30, which is also do able though maybe a bit optimistic , would that difference justify the extra 30 mil? Just seems people were hung up on cavani cause he was one of the "big" people available and they'd be able to win debates at the office with rag coworkers. Also it's making me feel old as shit how people keep describing 27 year olds like they're senior citizens. People not worried about dropping 50+mil on a "unproven" striker seem terrified we've spent almost 15 million on a "unproven" player who's resale value won't be much in 3 years because he's an ancient 27, seems a bit odd.
Well said. In two or three years I imagine we will have the Lopez's and the Suarez's ready to mix in with the 30 year old "seniors" lol...

IanBishopsHaircut said:
r.soleofsalford said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
He's not 40 million +

It's an absolute neccesity for the transfer muppets on here...despite them complaining we are always getting rinsed

what a pathetic attempt at a slap down.

firstly, we were by all reports we were chasing cavani, now its some bloke who plays in spain. imo, people thought we were after a top striker, when it now looks like our main target is no better than last years third choice.

if anyone is pissed off its could be for the same reason i am. i want my team to be the best it can be and am dissapointed we seem to be treading water or at worst going backwards.

27 year old and 28 year old in the bag with another 27 year old to come. none of which are premiership proven and cost especially in fernandinho case a shit full of money for someone who cant make it into his own national squad.

i really hope my concerns are misfounded because, like the vast majority of people on this forum i have the best interests of the club at heart.

CTID

The major flaw in your reasoning is you have absolutely fuck all idea on how these players are going to perform in the premiership unless you're Marty McFly

Who knows...in the long run you may be right...they may be shite...but they are just as likely to be very good

Fact is you're slagging off our players before they have kicked a ball in anger

And that is fucking unacceptable

Correct.

I don't go in for calling people rags, as :

1 - I have no idea
2 - Don't care
3 - Rag or not, right is right & wrong is wrong

And Cavani isn't Prem proven, plays in a worse league, for a better team, only scored 4 more, is a only a year younger & would cost 30m more.

Which makes pretty much all aspects of his argument bollocks.

What he seems to want are big-names, irrespective of whether they will fit into the team or not (and probably at the expense of other areas of the team when you take FFP into account).

Ok people who think this is a good deal haven't done their homework naughty naughty.

First of all this guy IS NOT an upgrade on Dzeko, his last season was his best and it was not better than Dzeko's best, Dzeko has finally figured out the Premier League and he knows how to score here. He is ready for next season. And Frankly we cant afford another year of a striker learning to combat the EPL's physicality.

Now lets look at Negredo's stats, His statistics follow a pattern...

1. Every first season at a new club for this guy is somewhere between disappointment and mediocrity.

2. From there he has up and down season consistency, my meaning- he has a good season then a bad season there after.

3. He' is known for his long stints of goal droughts.

4. He's just come off his best season, he's not good enough to better his best.

5. We've already seen his partnership with Navas and it was nothing special.

...All of the above tells me this deal is a recipe for disaster. its 20 million down the drain, he will have no resale value whatsoever, when he flops here.

Also to point out, how many Spanish players have come over here and have had success?.. TOO MANY odds are now against us.

It's a snatch transfer lads, city dont need him we have Aguero, Dzeko and Guidetti, in a 4-3-3 formation we dot even need two strikers starting.

This move reminds me of Mark Hughes buying Santa-cruz.
Just cause pellegrini' has had a man crush of him for the past 3 years.

The player we need is the player who has shown real consistency domestically and on the European stage. And that man is Cavani, if we cant get Cavani... Dont waste the money else-where.

...Just to add if City do go ahead and buy him, then I hope im wrong in everything iv said....btw dude scores class volleys.

Everyone has the right to an opinion on him but im gonna reserve judgement based on the fact im not entirely sure how we would use him or what our new system will be.

Based on last seasons system and line up id say bad move, not really what we need but who knows, in this new untried system he just might be the perfect fit.

Personally i think we need someone strong powerful and left sided, whether its Negredo we shall have to wait and see.

1dart said:
Everyone has the right to an opinion on him but im gonna reserve judgement based on the fact im not entirely sure how we would use him or what our new system will be.

Based on last seasons system and line up id say bad move, not really what we need but who knows, in this new untried system he just might be the perfect fit.

Personally i think we need someone strong powerful and left sided, whether its Negredo we shall have to wait and see.

Yep, forgot to post this (and was just gonna).

Whether you/I feel that his opinion is right or wrong, he's entitled to it.

At the end of the day we need someone to put the ball in the fucking net, and if this is the boy to do it then welcome to City Mr Negredo.

Can somebody please tell me why we haven't gone after Benteke. He terrorised defences last year and would seem a better bet than all the strikers linked with us. Plus he is younger and would be worth more at the end of a contract. Everyone now linked seem to be getting on in footballing terms. I was under the impression management were looking to bring in long term potential to fall in line with FFP. Looks like we will be forever worrying about FFP as we will have to lay out another 75 mill in another couple of years. These potential recruits don't inspire confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.