11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why because he didn’t chase back twice, he’s 21 yrs old, he’s been here and in this country 6 months, he’s still adjusting to how Pep wants his players to play, let’s not forget it took Mahrez, Jack and Rodri a full season to learn the “Pep Way”. We will see a different player for sure next season, stronger and faster. I can remember Mourinho saying the exact same comments about Kev when he was manager of Chelsea, look how that worked out.

Poor display from Jez, he doesn't look sharp at all, needs to watch that first half performance from Oscar Bobb. Sometimes its better to keep it simple, at one point Porro was laughing in Doku's face, he knew Doku didn't have the balls to beat him one-on-one although Totspur were double manning him. More teams will double-up on Doku now he will have to add to his game, I'd start him against Burnley on the LW and Bobb RW.

He was poor but he did open the game up a bit which helped. We didn’t look like scoring for much of the second half but when he and KDB came on, it opened up again for us.

He lost the ball couple times but after Pep lashed out at him, his game stabilized. He is just coming back from weeks of lay off so I wouldn’t expect him to hit the ground running immediately. Having said that, I thought he gave the Spurs defenders more headache as Bobb was getting quieter and quieter as the defenders were able to keep tabs on the youngster (not pointing fingers on him by the way).

It was through the constant attacking impetus that the two Belgians’ introduction brought that gave us the corner kick through which we scored.

Poor display from Jez, he doesn't look sharp at all, needs to watch that first half performance from Oscar Bobb. Sometimes its better to keep it simple, at one point Porro was laughing in Doku's face, he knew Doku didn't have the balls to beat him one-on-one although Totspur were double manning him. More teams will double-up on Doku now he will have to add to his game, I'd start him against Burnley on the LW and Bobb RW.
If teams double up on him, that's a great outcome - creates space elsewhere.

If teams double up on him, that's a great outcome - creates space elsewhere.
Same as Jack gives us but Jack gets zero credit for.

And I'm not sure why I keep seeing the excuse that Jez is "just back from injury". He's not. He's been back from injury for weeks and been on the pitch a few times for City since his return.

He's also now been at City plenty long enough to know that you have to run and track back. That's literally Lesson No. 1 for any new City player.

The excuses made for this guy are off the charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.