11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why because he didn’t chase back twice, he’s 21 yrs old, he’s been here and in this country 6 months, he’s still adjusting to how Pep wants his players to play, let’s not forget it took Mahrez, Jack and Rodri a full season to learn the “Pep Way”. We will see a different player for sure next season, stronger and faster. I can remember Mourinho saying the exact same comments about Kev when he was manager of Chelsea, look how that worked out.
If he’s 21 and not running back, I would say that is even more concerning. Basics at any level and he’s cost us multiple times this season ‘being lazy’. He lost the ball pretty much every phase of play. I by the way hope he comes good.

Struggled which is ok but pep rippled him a new one for not getting back. He did listen and improved defensively.

Team comes before individual. He gets that, he will go far.
Not seen/heard Pep go after a player like that since Sané was here. No idea why he thought it was okay not to track back.

He also deliberately put himself out of the game when he pretended to press.

People questioning Doku have short memories. He was our best player vs Liverpool. He didn't have assists in that game only because Haaland and Alvarez failed to score the winner from good chances created by Doku. Pep was so impressed with him after West Ham away that he changed the patterns of our attacking game: most attacks were going through Doku prior to his injury vs Spurs.

Pep going after him means fuck all, given that he has criticised during games the likes of Kevin and Ruben. It was Ruben who got a Pep treatment after the game last night...

We need pace on the wings , none of our wingers have pace or dribbling ability to take on the fullback . Pep singling him out for criticism will be bad for his confidence.

People questioning Doku have short memories. He was our best player vs Liverpool.

If memory served me well, Doku did not trace back and TAA scored the equaliser free of marking in that match. BTW TAA won the actual MOTM of that match partly because he was free from any real marking or pressure most of the time.

If we lost the title with a fine margin to Liverpool this season...

Why because he didn’t chase back twice, he’s 21 yrs old, he’s been here and in this country 6 months, he’s still adjusting to how Pep wants his players to play, let’s not forget it took Mahrez, Jack and Rodri a full season to learn the “Pep Way”. We will see a different player for sure next season, stronger and faster. I can remember Mourinho saying the exact same comments about Kev when he was manager of Chelsea, look how that worked out.
If you don’t run in a Pep team, he’ll never play you.

Doku has all the ability in the world, but needs to improve his understanding of our team ethos.

If teams double up on him, that's a great outcome - creates space elsewhere.
Not really, because usually when teams double up on the winger there's already 10 men in the box camping which is usually the case against us, so Doku either has to:

1. Make runs off the ball (which he rarely does)
2. Take on the full-back earlier, to avoid the double team.
3. Come inside more when dribbling.

If memory served me well, Doku did not trace back and TAA scored the equaliser free of marking in that match. BTW TAA won the actual MOTM of that match partly because he was free from any real marking or pressure most of the time.

If we lost the title with a fine margin to Liverpool this season...

Doku created a chance for Haaland right before they scored, someone else should have traced back TAA. Ridiculously biased post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.