24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see too many little mistakes causing trouble with our high line. As I think he has a really high technical level in all departments the problem lies more between his ears.
He wants too much, is a bit rash and not cool enough.
Defensively, he is stepping out to attack the ball and is losing position and easily bypassed. (That's why I wouldn't want those mistakes closer to our goal as a CB! Dias and Aké are rock solid constantly).

He's top class in tight spaces and has a good vision for passes as well,
but his final pass or shot on goal is often mistimed/misplaced and there he's too rash again, not cool enough. He is a little afraid to make the mistake - and the mistake is there. Golf players know exactly what I mean.

He's a complete package with a very positive team mentality.
I think more coolness and confidence will come with age. He could turn into a great CB when he's in his mid 20s.
Patience should pay off.

the amount of crap that was written about him in the match thread was record breaking.

it was an unbelievable ocean of verbal diarrhoea. classy af. i actually feel sorry for him, less than 6 months and so so so much hate from so many city fans.

but! there’s still hope, transfer season is not over, there’s still time for a petition, maybe a crowdfunding event to send him home on some cheap flight.
I made one comment about his passing being poor last night. I’ll stand by that as I’ve seen much better from him already this season.

He’s obviously very good and will continue to improve as he learns how to be a Pep full back.

Why is Pep not allowed to the questioned?

He might be the goat but he’s still human, fallible and entitled to experiment. He’s not going to get it right 100% of the time.

Shutting down people for legitimately questioning Pep’s decision making with players (not just with Gvardiol but with others) is genuinely stupid.

It's his first season. I heard all the same bullshit about rodri. It's probably the same people. Probably the same 10 or 12 people who know fuck all about footballers. (And no I'm not saying you can't criticise before you throw that victim card in).

Hmm I think I have a bee in my bonnet today

Fine for fans to have opinions on players on tactics but bottom line Pep plays players in a position for a reason and to be honest he knows more about football than us all

I've come here to try and find the 4 posters who voted him MOTM last night ;)

Not a full back, needs a chance at LCB

It's his first season. I heard all the same bullshit about rodri. It's probably the same people. Probably the same 10 or 12 people who know fuck all about footballers. (And no I'm not saying you can't criticise before you throw that victim card in).

Hmm I think I have a bee in my bonnet today
I didn’t watch the game yesterday as we don’t have that streaming service and was forced the follow the game on social media. The one thing I’m surprised by is the fact he’s blamed for everyone else’s mistakes - he’s the reason Bobb and Doku aren’t excelling, he made Kyle look bad, etc. All his social media birthday posts this week were filled with, you need to be better, Bring back Laporte, play Sergio. Some of that had to affect his confidence - but if you suggest that then it’s, “if he can’t take it, he shouldn’t be on the team.” Because realistically, he could play others so Pep must see something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.