Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

Seems like a good place to ask.

A friend of mine is a recovering Alcoholic. It sounds as though he was functioning for quite a while but the last few years ( lockdown etc )he crumbled, Arrested for drink driving, rehab and the whole 9 yards.
He claims he's now 200 days Booze free, However in the last couple of months his behaviour is starting to shift. being really forgetful, taking 3/4 explinations to explain the simpliest of things to him and one random one is he's started to be very generous with his money.

A lot of these signs are seemingly more pointing at maybe some dementia kicking in. or, he's back on the booze.
Can recovering alcoholics have really messed up memories etc? or does this sound more like he's back on the booze

Edit: He's also up at all hours. keeps sending random ( coherent but pointless )messages at like 4am.
Google Korsakoff syndrome and see if it seems like it could explain some of the irrational behaviours

Seems like a good place to ask.

A friend of mine is a recovering Alcoholic. It sounds as though he was functioning for quite a while but the last few years ( lockdown etc )he crumbled, Arrested for drink driving, rehab and the whole 9 yards.
He claims he's now 200 days Booze free, However in the last couple of months his behaviour is starting to shift. being really forgetful, taking 3/4 explinations to explain the simpliest of things to him and one random one is he's started to be very generous with his money.

A lot of these signs are seemingly more pointing at maybe some dementia kicking in. or, he's back on the booze.
Can recovering alcoholics have really messed up memories etc? or does this sound more like he's back on the booze

Edit: He's also up at all hours. keeps sending random ( coherent but pointless )messages at like 4am.
Could be alcohol related brain damage- have a Google - much more common than you think

Been a while coming but I'm attempting to stop the booze for a considerable while.
Just been doing it every day for a long time. I used various dates to use as a marker to quit (end of a holiday, New Years Day etc etc but my final marker was my 60th birthday on Tuesday.
I had a party Wednesday (including taking in the Leipzig game in the afternoon) and that was it.
Yes only 2 days but I need to carry on.
8 years ago I was running 3 or 4 miles a day. Now I can't run across the road.
The beer belly and triple chin / blobby cheeks have to go.

4 pints and a G&T with my old man tonight in Poynton

Positives are that I've had a good night, and I reckon my Dad has thoroughly enjoyed it

Negatives are that having done dry Jan, and kept on the right side of good through Feb, that'll wake up tomorrow feeling a little bit worst for wear

Never been reliant on booze but always enjoyed a few pints; but starting to feel more and more as though having tonight's level of booze is a little too much, and that I'm likely to spend tomorrow feeling a little dazed, and off the pace

For context, I've quite enjoyed waking up feeling fresh throughout Jan and most of Feb, especially at the weekend

Positives are that I've had a good night, and I reckon my Dad has thoroughly enjoyed it

Negatives are that having done dry Jan, and kept on the right side of good through Feb, that'll wake up tomorrow feeling a little bit worst for wear

Never been reliant on booze but always enjoyed a few pints; but starting to feel more and more as though having tonight's level of booze is a little too much, and that I'm likely to spend tomorrow feeling a little dazed, and off the pace

For context, I've quite enjoyed waking up feeling fresh throughout Jan and most of Feb, especially at the weekend
Did dry January and felt great. But have drank a lot since especially whisky and rum. Tonight 4 or 5 rum and cokes at home but had a great time. Need to cut back though

So…..how’s the head?

Been a while coming but I'm attempting to stop the booze for a considerable while.
Just been doing it every day for a long time. I used various dates to use as a marker to quit (end of a holiday, New Years Day etc etc but my final marker was my 60th birthday on Tuesday.
I had a party Wednesday (including taking in the Leipzig game in the afternoon) and that was it.
Yes only 2 days but I need to carry on.
8 years ago I was running 3 or 4 miles a day. Now I can't run across the road.
The beer belly and triple chin / blobby cheeks have to go.
Mad eyed screamer on your knees
Disturbed voices on the breeze
time to quit the booze please
For Guinness zero and blue cheese

Well I have survived a family wedding this week which was my biggest challenge yet with free wine on the tables etc … strange to be sober and see everyone getting more and more pissed as the day went on .. people laughing at nothing and stumbling about the place … stay strong all this weekend… we’ve got this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.