Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

Well I have survived a family wedding this week which was my biggest challenge yet with free wine on the tables etc … strange to be sober and see everyone getting more and more pissed as the day went on .. people laughing at nothing and stumbling about the place … stay strong all this weekend… we’ve got this

Have to admit. Going to a wedding and being sober is pretty horrendous

Well I have survived a family wedding this week which was my biggest challenge yet with free wine on the tables etc … strange to be sober and see everyone getting more and more pissed as the day went on .. people laughing at nothing and stumbling about the place … stay strong all this weekend… we’ve got this

Amazing work right there buddy. Great little milestone that.

Had a break from here for a while and the Internet in general. Great to see this thread doing well and people getting after it! It's a great life being clean and sober. Challenging, but life is.

Tomorrow I'll be 1700 days clean and sober. If I can do it, anybody can. One day at a time guys and gals. One day at a time.

Amazing work right there buddy. Great little milestone that.

Had a break from here for a while and the Internet in general. Great to see this thread doing well and people getting after it! It's a great life being clean and sober. Challenging, but life is.

Tomorrow I'll be 1700 days clean and sober. If I can do it, anybody can. One day at a time guys and gals. One day at a time.
Great response and achievement. Inspirational, thank you!

So. Many people know me on here and judging by the amount of new users many don't.
I have gone from the young lad that gets smashed Friday to Sunday to the grown up that has a few drinks after work.
Unfortunately in the last 3 years and if I'm honest since my mum passed away my drinking has become unstoppable. I will drink to excess 5 or 6 nights a week it doesn't matter what I'm doing or what is happening I cannot stop until I'm absolutely hammered, i pretend im okay by going to bed early 1 night without a drink. I need help but AA is all about finding God which I'm absolutely not interested in.
I'm not an alcoholic but I'm on the brink amd I don't know what to do

Hello mate, good seeing you back. I've changed username since you were last around but still remember you posting the dafuq cat gif.

Sorry to hear you've been having a tough time. Very supportive thread on here with posters at various stages of attempting to change their relationship with alcohol. No judgment and no mumbo jumbo.

So. Many people know me on here and judging by the amount of new users many don't.
I have gone from the young lad that gets smashed Friday to Sunday to the grown up that has a few drinks after work.
Unfortunately in the last 3 years and if I'm honest since my mum passed away my drinking has become unstoppable. I will drink to excess 5 or 6 nights a week it doesn't matter what I'm doing or what is happening I cannot stop until I'm absolutely hammered, i pretend im okay by going to bed early 1 night without a drink. I need help but AA is all about finding God which I'm absolutely not interested in.
I'm not an alcoholic but I'm on the brink amd I don't know what to do
I'm not religious mate, but I've found AA to be a great help the last few years. If nothing else it'll put you in touch with people in the same boat as yourself who can relate to what you're going through. You've gone part of the way to taking the first step already so well done there and always feel free to send me a message if you want someone to talk to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.