Apple iPhone and more

Sky use o2, probably the worst network nowadays but Vodaphone aren't far behind. Best network is EE, next is 3. All networks are good in cities and most large towns but every network still have plenty of blackspot areas with zero signal.
I'm on o2 and the network is shite in Manchester City centre. I went into the o2 store on Market St to complain and they told me it's because so many people were using the network and swap to 3g on settings

I'm on o2 and the network is shite in Manchester City centre. I went into the o2 store on Market St to complain and they told me it's because so many people were using the network and swap to 3g on settings
Made me laugh the other week when i went up old man of conniston and got 4g on o2 yet in many built up city centres their coverage is abysmal.

Take your complaint further and ask to speak to the manager. Say that you're not happy and o2 are in breach of contract as they cannot provide what you're paying for. It's simply not acceptable to be fobbed off that you should have to do that, especially being in a big city centre like Manchester!

I used to work in mobile telecoms installing maintaining and fault diagnosis/fixing for all networks. EE once tried fobbing me off as i often had to walk round my house trying to get and hold a signal. I knew i was in what's known as a 'blackspot' area so I told them my problem and asked where my nearest cell site was. They said it was on a block of flats about a mile away which i suspected. I told them them the cell site is below ground level of where i lived and signal is overshooting. They tried blagging me with bullshit so i told them they need to install a 'streetworks site(antennas on a monopole you see next to roads) near me. I also said that they were in breach of contract so they asked me what i wanted. I said seeing as you're only providing me half a signal I'll pay you half my monthly amount. They agreed. And because I'd escalated my unhappiness of losing signal and calls they upgraded their equipment on nearest 2 cell sites to me within 6 months, and it was always bang on after that.

If you're going from a 14 to a 15 there's not much point imo unless it's a really good deal. Anything under than that it's a no brainer. My missus has always had a iOS, i've only ever had for work but been Android ever since i swapped from Blackberry. Would def move to iOS but there's a few things that have always held me back, one being charging speeds. The gap between all the various phones aren't huge anymore, they all have great cameras, come with class screens and refresh rates, don't think you can really go wrong nowadays tbh.

One thing I like about the iPhone is it last for ages the updates lasts for years! Had the XR for 4/5 years

Sky use o2, probably the worst network nowadays but Vodaphone aren't far behind. Best network is EE, next is 3. All networks are good in cities and most large towns but every network still have plenty of blackspot areas with zero signal.

I had sky for all of 2 weeks, cancelled as the speed of data was about 0.5 mbps. Since been told although it’s piggybacking o2, they meter their connections so it’s dog slow.

I have done a pre-order for a pro max, but on the pre-pre-order(!) I was refused the Barclays finance. Bit confused as I have a decent job 1000/1000 rating on ClearScore and two previous completed phone loans.

Only thing I can think of is last year I ordered a 14 on behalf of my daughter through Vodafone, the app was a bit laggy (Black Friday deals) and got a mail to confirm delivery in two days, but didn’t turn up. Called to complain to be told due to a technical error my order had been cancelled, so got batey and just did a sim only, then went directly to apple. Ordered phone, got to checkout was refused credit, checked ClearScore and had 3 hard searches from Vodafone! Daughter, teen on minimum wage, no credit history, did it herself and immediately accepted (better for her so wasn’t bothered really). Moaned to Vodafone was told nothing they could do, then searches mysteriously disappeared!

Anyway, paid this one on credit card (will pay off asap), saw they had a mag safe case so added that too. Later had a dispatch notification, well happy, if a bit surprised, but case arrived next day - phone scheduled 9-16 October *sigh*

One thing I like about the iPhone is it last for ages the updates lasts for years! Had the XR for 4/5 years
Really depends what you use it for, Apple were sued by a load of iPhone users because they purposefully slowing down the phone supposedly to increase battery life of older phones. I have an old iPhone 7 for work and it seems ok, but i only use it for mails and calls, nothing more. My daughter has an iPhone X that my wife handed down, its ok but you can see it glitches sometimes, to be expected though. Having said that, i have a Huawei from 2019 which works perfectly, a Samsung from 2020 which also works perfectly and even an old OnePlus 1 which is (just about) still useable. Like i say, most phones nowadays are pretty close. The one thing for me that iOS does better is that all apps are optimised for their ecosystem, what you lose in flexibility you gain in reliability.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.