Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
At Burnley yesterday, day ruined by news of Palaces equaliser when i arrived at the Turf. Home atmosphere poor as the realisation dawns that Burnley are out of their depth. Everton support amazing singing throughout the first half many songs unique to them. One classic moment though on ten minutes the Longside and the Cricket Field roared out "Everton are corrupt" before the Evertonians could abuse the premier league. As bad a day for results yesterday as i can remember, and at Anfield today want both teams to lose. Know no joy till City learn how to hold a lead again.

Agree it doesn't matter were you are in the ground we have tourist, young families etc. City have a family stand why arent the families in there ? I sure when I first started taking my kids we could only book the family stand.

Why cant we have an FOC section lol

Same my Lad and me have been matchday card holders or what they are call for decades.
This season has been the toughest for getting tickets. We normally do 10 home matches plus per season. Only got 4 this season so far. Its almost getting to the stage of giving up, we havent had a sniff of any away tickets this season.

And the tickets we have got havent been the ones we booked and we were moved away from the South Stand.
It’s hard to stomach isn’t it. The tickets I have managed to get are at the back of CB3. It’s slim pickings and sad to hear that longstanding blues are now feeling like giving up. Keep going mate and sing out loud and proud!

It’s hard to stomach isn’t it. The tickets I have managed to get are at the back of CB3. It’s slim pickings and sad to hear that longstanding blues are now feeling like giving up. Keep going mate and sing out loud and proud!

My lad did make me laugh when the penalty was awarded. He was stood up shouting abuse at City players for a stupid tackle. He was going mental lol. Those left in the legends lounge looking at my lad in shock, we did sing but honestly having the legends lounge seating inbetween level 1 & 3 just kills it.

I don't disagree with a single word of your post. I really don't.
But come out with bullshit like 'wants the club to play on its ties to the city’s culture and heritage'?
then do the exact opposite is disingenuous at best. They have shit on life-long blues, with the ever-increasing corporate areas, year-on-year ticket price increases, tourists regularly getting tickets
for away games and other big games in front of hardcore fans and intentionally creating a
match-day 'experience' which is now like attending a school sports day. All of which has very effectively
killed the atmosphere to what it is now. The club is well run, that is undeniable. But it is not anywhere
near run with the best interest of local match-going fans. Don't worry, I get it. If we want to watch
Haaland play every week etc, and all of that... But just for once, I wish they would think about and consider
the supporters when they make decisions. We all know they won't, they never have done, and I honestly can't see them starting anytime soon. As I said in one of my previous posts, that's how it is now at all top clubs and not just City.
Well said. The absolute final nail for me will be if there's a coorperate section in this new stand. That will be a complete and utter "fuck you" to all the fans.

I'm calling it now, if the club don't start considering the fans when making decisions, things are going to get very ugly very quickly

I don't disagree with a single word of your post. I really don't.
But come out with bullshit like 'wants the club to play on its ties to the city’s culture and heritage'?
then do the exact opposite is disingenuous at best. They have shit on life-long blues, with the ever-increasing corporate areas, year-on-year ticket price increases, tourists regularly getting tickets
for away games and other big games in front of hardcore fans and intentionally creating a
match-day 'experience' which is now like attending a school sports day. All of which has very effectively
killed the atmosphere to what it is now. The club is well run, that is undeniable. But it is not anywhere
near run with the best interest of local match-going fans. Don't worry, I get it. If we want to watch
Haaland play every week etc, and all of that... But just for once, I wish they would think about and consider
the supporters when they make decisions. We all know they won't, they never have done, and I honestly can't see them starting anytime soon. As I said in one of my previous posts, that's how it is now at all top clubs and not just City.

Totally agree.

I might be a mute point, and a very small issue in the grand scheme of things, but the removal of fan flags to be replaced by digital flags really pissed me off. And still does to this day. The fans flags added spectacle and colour to the inside of the stadium.

5-DDDD759-D554-4-B8-D-8713-D30-C7-F5-C0-E46.jpg

August 2014.

Manchester City have now announced plans to replace fan's long-standing flags with electronic displays as the Etihad Stadium gets a digital makeover. The club today revealed it has installed LED screens around the second tier of the stadium for the start of the new Premier League season.

Then there’s the removal of seats along the front of ESL1 to be replaced by larger advertising boards, and a no mans land of 3 rows of terracing with no seats.

B843DF3B-3616-4914-9175-6F706C23DC1D.jpeg

Last edited:
Watching West Ham V Wolves.

Plenty of empty seats.
Hardly any singing from both sets of fans.
As we’ve all agreed, it’s not only at City where the match atmosphere is dieing.
No coincidence that like us the Irons have left a bear pit of a ground to a souless modern stadium . Remarked how good Everton were yesterday watch their atmosphere dissapear when they leave Goodison.

Well said. The absolute final nail for me will be if there's a coorperate section in this new stand. That will be a complete and utter "fuck you" to all the fans.

I'm calling it now, if the club don't start considering the fans when making decisions, things are going to get very ugly very quickly

I don't think things will get ugly at all. Fans will get fed up and simply drift away.

I threw the towel in at the end of last season. I'd had enough of travelling miles to home games, struggle to find decent parking etc, to spend 90+ minutes watching one way football, with opposition teams trying to kill games, surrounded by non-City fans in a stadium too often devoid of any real atmosphere.

It's daft really, we won the treble with the best City team I've ever seen, and I was, more often than not, bored at most matches.

I find it just as entertaining and infinitely more comfortable to sit at home and watch the matches on TV/streams.
That's likely to be the future for most fans of 'elite' clubs.

Going to matches hasn't been the same for me since I stopped going to away games. That's where the atmosphere has always been best.

The City Group has created a sterile, almost fake atmosphere. Looking at comments on away ticket allocations / agencies etc, it seems they're gradually phasing out traditional support.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.