Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Really poor away end today, absolute tourist central. Interesting that it was full of people wearing half and half scarves, but when you look around into the home end there were barely any.

Anfield was loud today, and it would've been great for our support to play a part, but unfortunately the club made that impossible.

2/10

Really poor away end today, absolute tourist central. Interesting that it was full of people wearing half and half scarves, but when you look around into the home end there were barely any.

Anfield was loud today, and it would've been great for our support to play a part, but unfortunately the club made that impossible.

2/10
Agree to an extent but let’s have this right - there were plenty of our old school fans there today as well. Some of those fans are as less likely to get songs going as the touristy fans and that’s the uncomfortable truth. We can’t blame it all on the newcomers/JCLs. I tried getting songs going several times today during the second half and there were plenty of regular fans around me but I’d have been better off flogging the proverbial dead horse. Our away ends are absolute quality at times but that’s not always the case and today is an example of that.

I will add that normally Liverpool fans at Anfield are fuck all once the YAWN shite has finished at the start or the game isn’t going their way. The Mahrez penalty miss game was a classic case in point where we bossed the atmosphere. However, they turned up today.

I wasn’t there granted but the majority of away ends you can hear us loud, only games this year have been today and Arsenal away where you couldn’t really hear us that much, look at Luton a few weeks ago where we nearly shook the ground makes think, hypothetically should be the same groups of people are luton game as today…

Worst of the season. Full of tourists and corporates many of whom looked like it was there first ever game in the way they was acting around me. As much as a few tried singing around me as right at the front nothing carried because of location and vast majority not interested.

Saw a few half and half’s but united at home was worse for that. The amount of tourists they have is shocking, can’t really call them scousers anymore as an insult. City must love Liverpools success in achieving that, I bet they would love the same.

The interesting thing to me is that utd away was by far the best. Yes, more confidence of win etc but was an early kick off and was still mint. Can only stem from where city are giving the tickets.

Agree to an extent but let’s have this right - there were plenty of our old school fans there today as well. Some of those fans are as less likely to get songs going as the touristy fans and that’s the uncomfortable truth. We can’t blame it all on the newcomers/JCLs. I tried getting songs going several times today during the second half and there were plenty of regular fans around me but I’d have been better off flogging the proverbial dead horse. Our away ends are absolute quality at times but that’s not always the case and today is an example of that.

I will add that normally Liverpool fans at Anfield are fuck all once the YAWN shite has finished at the start or the game isn’t going their way. The Mahrez penalty miss game was a classic case in point where we bossed the atmosphere. However, they turned up today.
When people time and time again try though, not just today but it adds up, and know tourists won’t do anything people know it is like fighting a losing battle.

Asian lad behind me had his headphones in all game. Two girls to the left didn’t look up from the phones all game. Just makes people who would want to get stuff going say why bother.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.