Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Please can someone mention to Danny about these tourist turning up with half/half scarves ,get them fucking banned before someone gets seriously hurt.
I get the impression the club isn’t concerned about that.

They want the tourists who will pay top dollar for tickets and spend £250 at the club shop.

The legacy fans aren’t even on the radar.

Its a fair point. Aside from Blue Moon a lot of our 'terrace' songs do require bit of knowledge & probably not that easy to pick up should you be new to it which judging by some of the comments in the away end yesterday were quite a few.

'The greatest team you'll ever see' chant to the 'Is this the Way to Amarillo' tune I always felt is a great song to get going especially in the away end as its fairly simple & gets loud everyone chanting at the same time on most of the words.

Strangely, I find myself both agreeing and disagreeing at the same time.
The tune you've described is also one of my favourites. but it's more of a celebratory song that we can use at various times during the season.

Anfield required something more inspirational yesterday, especially during the last ten minutes, when the team was under the cosh. However, I don't think any of our songs are particularly suited for that situation.

As I stated previously, it doesn't really matter what we think, because Liverpool truly believe that their "Ole Ole" anthem can lift the players, and in a strange way it reminded me of "Vamos Argentina" in the World Cup.

Of course, we all know that it was a one-off and Anfield will be quiet for their next game. However, we can't deny that their support was deafening towards the end.

Last edited:
Strangely, I find myself both agreeing and disagreeing at the same time.
The tune you've described is also one of my favourites. but it's more of a celebratory song that we can use at various times during the season.

Anfield required something more inspirational yesterday, especially during the last ten minutes, when the team was under the cosh. However, I don't think any of our songs are particularly suited for that situation.

As I stated previously, it doesn't really matter what we think, because Liverpool truly believe that their "Ole Ole" anthem can lift the players, and in a strange way it reminded me of "Vamos Argentina" in the World Cup.

Of course, we all know that it was a one-off and Anfield will be quite for their next game. However, we can't deny that their support was deafening towards the end.
"We Love You City" worked very well when i got it going in a crunch game at Goodison Park, when Edin had sat on his arse feigning injury for 5 minutes.

The club should at least look at it and evaluate the idea.(not because I’ve posted it) But because it would benefit the club. Some benefits. Having more seats on L2 that they could sell for higher prices, instead of £30 in the away section on SSL2. Having 1000+ extra seats on SSL3 making 6000 City fans up there. The away fans would all be on L1 meaning less stewarding than having the away fans over 3 SS levels. And the improved atmosphere inside the Etihad that would follow.
Segregation ☆
Security ☆
Logistics ☆
SS 2 & 3 Exclusively City ☆
Access/Egress ☆
Atmosphere ☆
Minimal Cost ☆

7☆ project.

Can I hear you Danny ?

"We Love You City" worked very well when i got it going in a crunch game at Goodison Park, when Edin had sat on his arse feigning injury for 5 minutes.
To be honest I felt like Sergeant Neil Howie in the Wicker Man at Anfield yesterday with Christopher Jurgen Lee leading the scarf-waving satanic masses and me singing about Barry Conlon whilst suffering a burning, sacrificial death.

I get the impression the club isn’t concerned about that.

They want the tourists who will pay top dollar for tickets and spend £250 at the club shop.

The legacy fans aren’t even on the radar.
Presumably, by tourists we are including the away tickets that go to hospitality?

I've just received an email from City, offering a place on next seasons "seasonal hospitality" waiting list. Amongst the various benefits, the email offers priority access to away tickets (subject to availability). I've filled the form in, and when I get my phone call, my first question will be about the availability of away tickets for Rags, Dippers and Tarquins. I think we all know the answer.

Presumably, by tourists we are including the away tickets that go to hospitality?

I've just received an email from City, offering a place on next seasons "seasonal hospitality" waiting list. Amongst the various benefits, the email offers priority access to away tickets (subject to availability). I've filled the form in, and when I get my phone call, my first question will be about the availability of away tickets for Rags, Dippers and Tarquins. I think we all know the answer.
Honestly it knocks me sick

Its a fair point. Aside from Blue Moon a lot of our 'terrace' songs do require bit of knowledge & probably not that easy to pick up should you be new to it which judging by some of the comments in the away end yesterday were quite a few.

'The greatest team you'll ever see' chant to the 'Is this the Way to Amarillo' tune I always felt is a great song to get going especially in the away end as its fairly simple & gets loud everyone chanting at the same time on most of the words.
Interesting that none of the day trippers can seem to figure out the words to "Oh Kevin De Bruyne"

This song might be a bit upbeat for us but it gets the fans going in the San Siro and is a big hit on social media.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.