CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

The judgment will pretty bland on the point I think. "The Panel finds that UEFA was unable to prove the allegations to the required standard" and that is those allegations it actually even gives a view on given limitation. Anyway expect more negative media but I doubt they have anywhere to go now.

I was hoping that based on the award from CAS1 where McDougall slapped down Leterme for his hysterical reaction to the accusations of leaking we might get a little bit of a "Why the fuck did you bring this loser of a case?" kind of comment, even through diplomatic legalese.

Given CAS already seems to have established in the PSG case when the clock starts ticking on the time sensitive UEFA decisions, to make the same argument about whether something is time-barred or not seems like wasting the courts time.

It seems you don't have to dig very deep...

UEFA'S head of legal affairs and now sure to be in the dock...

Simon Drake, formerly of ITV and....

Manchester United.

We know it's rotten, but it still amazes me how they have managed to permeate the entire organisation.

David Gill, Rick Parry and now this prick.

Think you need to check again, he was just an ITV board representative for United.

He was a director for Liverpool and Arsenals media businesses though.

Football is tribal and we are in a tribal war. If we go after the various aforementioned twats with legal action, it will just feed the “oil rich bullies” argument.

In one sense, I’d like to have seen City smash the whole FFP concept. Then it would have been a principled victory instead of one conveniently portrayed as a technicality. However, that was only on the cards if we lost the CAS appeal.

Accept it, guys, we’ll be hung for a sheep or hung for a lamb. Just savour the bitterness of the losers and lap it up.

Hope that yesterday's tirade from Klopp was at the behest of his owners and perhaps he might have a conscience today. As we were the champions why were we not involved in the vetting of the new premier league chairman. Who decided it should be Liverpool and United, was there a vote? perhaps Sky made that decision. Odds on that when next season's fixtures come out we are at Anfield late in the season in the hope for Sky that crowds will be back.
Don’t care when at Anfield next year mate. We’ll be having them

Be interesting to hear what ceferin has to say on the matter....no doubt will be waiting for the full judgement to be scrutinised before passing comment ?

My guess is he wont say anything and will use this to further distance UEFA from its so called impartial disciplinary body and that slowly but surely resignations will follow as the broom is taken from the cupboard and the floor swept clean.

I was hoping that based on the award from CAS1 where McDougall slapped down Leterme for his hysterical reaction to the accusations of leaking we might get a little bit of a "Why the fuck did you bring this loser of a case?" kind of comment, even through diplomatic legalese.

Given CAS already seems to have established in the PSG case when the clock starts ticking on the time sensitive UEFA decisions, to make the same argument about whether something is time-barred or not seems like wasting the courts time.
I doubt it

Is it to far a stretch to say that anyone with previous links to a football club should be excluded from working for a football governing body, or at the very least must have all ties with said club cut for at least x amount of time?.

Is it to far a stretch to say that anyone with previous links to a football club should be excluded from working for a football governing body, or at the very least must have all ties with said club cut for at least x amount of time?.

But why do they all come from the same 4 or 5 clubs?

Why isn't there a Schalke, or Lazio, or Valencia former director getting jobs in UEFA? It's always the same clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.