CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

In the modern world people mostly only read headlines. Not one in a hundred drills down to the detail necessary to understand the reality.

That's why governments get away with so much, thanks to a) our shitty, bent media and b) the intellectual laziness of your average punter, who will believe what he wants to believe, even if it's complete and unadulterated bollocks.

When is this full report released? I keep hearing 'later in the week' but nothing specific.

In the modern world people mostly only read headlines. Not one in a hundred drills down to the detail necessary to understand the reality.

That's why governments get away with so much, thanks to a) our shitty, bent media and b) the intellectual laziness of your average punter, who will believe what he wants to believe, even if it's complete and unadulterated bollocks.
V good, but more like 1 in a 1000.

Nice piece by Stuart Brennan today, especially regarding Klopp and Mourinho. Seems that Mourinho has succeeded in reminding those who knew, and informing those who didn't, that he pleaded guilty to tax evasion 18 months ago.
What club does this **** support? I'll gladly write you a reply.
So sick of people saying “if City are

It fucking tells you why we were fined on the fucking CAS media release you fucking stupid fucks. FFS!

I think your second sentence should be put on a banner and displayed at the National Football Museum

The best way to combat Tebas would be for us to find a way to sign Messi. It would boil vast amounts of piss anyway, of course, but in particular it would finish that vile fascist twat once and for all, because he'd spontaneously combust at the prospect of us enticing asway the jewel in La Liga's crown. :)

Tebas is a lifelog Real Madrid fan and a fascist. He hates Barcelona almost as much as he hates City. He is despised in Catalonia for the same reasons. I suspect he would love it if we bought Messi.

As you say, no surprise. In the run-up to Monday's announcement, one could see the general trend of journalists and commentators positioning themselves to argue that, in effect, City only got off on a technicality in the event that the ban was overturned. We basically knew this would be the reaction.

I assume we're waiting for the full report to be published before we respond properly. It would be a spectacular own goal if we responded now and said something that doesn't look quite right once the report is made public so, frustrating though it is, we're better being silent for now.

The dispute was the one between Tony Pulis and Crystal Palace, where Pulis had walked out on Palace immediately after receiving a seven-figure bonus. Harris seems to have represented Pulis and lost the case: https://twohundredpercent.net/crystal-palace-pulis-payback-time/

Meanwhile, the City Xtra aggregator account records Harris as responding to a congratulatory message from a City fan by claiming also to be a lifelong Blue:

Tebas is a lifelog Real Madrid fan and a fascist. He hates Barcelona almost as much as he hates City. He is despised in Catalonia for the same reasons. I suspect he would love it if we bought Messi.

I need you help, someone construct a reply to this for me

" i'll explain....you clearly don't understand the link I made about the sustainable old-school Bayern model vs the City model, one built on sound financial footing, owning own ground and being successful for the last 35 years of sustainable growth, success and good governance, the other based on new-money, limited success outside the domestic league, and not sustainable when either the oil-well dries up, or the benefactor loses interest.

I am not bitter towards football in general at all, I think the PL is a great thing, however City (and PSG for another example) are doing top flight European club football a great deal of damage long term, as Jurgen Klopp said a bad day for football earlier this week and I agree with him. City and the successful appeal result demonstrates that if the big clubs now wish to push the boundaries so hard, and are so powerful that they can get away with basically what they want, £8m fine for me demonstrates that they are guilty btw, otherwise why the fine?

So imv City aren't anything I personally would want to be associated with, you do so that's your choice and good luck to you it's your club, for me it's clear that its unsustainable long term and i'd like nothing more than for them to get knocked off their perch. Proper football clubs imv are the likes of Liverpool, Manchester United, Leeds, Leicester, Dortmund, Bayern Munich etc. The likes of City and PSG will fade in due course, and the big-ticket players that come for the money will be off somewhere else and play for whoever can afford the crazy wages when the big money dries up"
Tell them it’s sadly a modern trait to steadfastly and belligerently refuse to allow one’s opinions to be in any way fettered by such inhibiting factors as knowledge, insight or experience.
Oh...and he’s a ****

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.