Coronavirus (2022) thread

No, some fell through the cracks and the government should have reacted to that for the second lock down. Again though it isn't a difference.
just as an example anybody registered self employed for less than 3 years could not get grants along with many others . more fell through the cracks than you might think.

I am going to take at face value that the people currently posting about our children have a genuine concern for their wellbeing. Can I humbly suggest that those wishing to support our children divert their energies from concerns about children wearing masks (for which studies have identified some specific point issues for consideration but no obvious global crisis) and consider lobbying their MP around some of the following issues:
  • point out that the main thing the pandemic has done in relation to education is highlight that whilst most children are weathering the storm, the children who were already the most disadvantaged children before the pandemic are the ones who in many cases have suffered the most and fallen further behind. Encourage them to support longer term recovery funding and support for our most disadvantaged children. Ask them to prioritise addressing structural inequalities in education as key to sustainable levelling up.
  • the reversal of cuts and improved funding for mental health services for young people, recognising that the evidence suggests that early interventions yield the best results for the individual and could also save the nation lots of money in the longer term.
  • support for consideration (or at least meaningful political discussion) of improved regulatory powers (and capabilities) with respect to social media firms especially in relation to use of their products and services by young people.
If you really care about the nation’s children, I truly think any one of these would be more valuable use of your time than getting upset about mask wearing.

Last edited:
well you keep burying your head in the sand thicko! just ignore the untreated deaths such as cancer heart disease not to mention suicides because of lockdown! now who is the selfish thick bastard?

Just on this point, non covid deaths would have been much higher had we not locked down and slowed the spread at certain times. It’s an argument that actually supports additional curbs, not fewer.

Okay I'll acknowledge, there are some daft quotes from people out there That I wasn't aware of, I still don't think most children know of them any more than I did, the fact is there were accusations of masks damaging children and it being likened to child abuse, accusations that children were told they were killing their grannies. It is nonsense and bollocks being used to justify some adults own predjudices., not based on reality.

the reality is some children will have been affected by what’s been said to them and the restrictions they have faced plus the more limited education experience. Some it won’t bother and they will just get on with it.

in the same way in a few weeks some people will be more anxious and nervous when all the restrictions are lifted and some people will be happy .

people are a bunch of individuals and it impacts us all differently .

I am going to take at face value that the people currently posting about our children have a genuine concern for their wellbeing. Can I humbly suggest that those wishing to support our children divert their energies from concerns about children wearing masks (for which studies have identified some specific point issues for consideration but no obvious global crisis) and consider lobbying their MP around some of the following issues:
  • point out that the main thing the pandemic has done in relation to education is highlight that whilst most children are weathering the storm, the children who were already most disadvantaged children before the pandemic are the ones who in many cases have suffered the most and fallen further behind. Encourage them to support longer term recovery funding and support for our most disadvantage children. Ask them to prioritise addressing structural inequalities in education as key to sustainable levelling up.
  • the reversal of cuts and improved funding for mental health services for young people, recognising that the evidence suggests that early interventions yield the best results for the individual and could also save the nation lots of money in the longer term.
  • support for consideration (or at least meaningful political discussion) of improved regulatory powers (and capabilities) with respect to social media firms especially in relation to use of their products and services by young people.
If you really care about the nation’s children, I truly think any one of these would be more valuable use of your time than getting upset about mask wearing.

+many

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.