Coronavirus (2022) thread

Also rough as fuck. Bad cold or the Rona I have no idea as I dont have any tests.

Regardless I’m stuck in work because no work, no pay unfortunately

Also rough as fuck. Bad cold or the Rona I have no idea as I dont have any tests.

I’ve come down with sore throat headache lethargic feel like shit weak etc muscle aches have diabetes immune suppressed and other issues fucking off back to bed:(

I’m lucky in that we don’t allow staff in with it and we get paid. Have to send in test results each day as we provide them but tough if you’re not in the same boat as I am.

It's been 6 days, i'm still testing positive and still ill - i've finally gone past the shivers and the sleep and fever part, but my throat is like a cheese grater and still can't stop coughing, mouth tastes of sick, and still feel faint. And as expected in a small flat my partner has tested positive now too, he works from home and his boss is annoyed he's had today off sick (and the rest of this week probably) but he's in bed shivering and feeling awful. So far our 6 year old is negative.

My question to any of the experts on here is - with the current varient, how soon do you catch it again?

I know in the early days of the virus they said you had months, but that it had dropped with the newer ones.

I still plan on getting the vaccine when i can (i'm 47 so was only qualifying as my mums carer), but promised i'd check on here about immunity? As my son is already pressuring me into organzing a playdate as soon as i'm better, but it's their home i'm worried i got it from! (That or the derby!)

I've put my question in bold so it doesn't skip - sorry for that!
There’s more than one variant doing the rounds.

Even so, what's the reinfection rate for the various variants?

A play date will be expected of me within a week of being better, and i know that family mix with everyone, and it has always worried me so i'd never been yet lo and behold i test positive within 7 days of the first time i'd been at theirs!

I'm on day 9 of positive tests now, i've past the shivers and fever, but my throats still a cheese grater and i can#t stop coughing (and that taste of sick in my mouth..)

The weekly Covid hospital numbers are out and they match the surprisingly good Zoe numbers that for a few days have been suggesting this wave has already just about peaked.

These are more up to date than the ONS numbers the media report on Fridays that are over a week old.

Both Zoe and Hospital data goes up to yesterday,

Zoe show new cases peaking two days ago on 239,922 and after two falls are today on 235,829.

North West is 9 out of 12 UK regions for case numbers on Zoe.With Merseyside higher than Greater Manchester. So take care if going to Anfield.

In the past week England hospital numbers were day to day up to yesterday:-

9631 - 9922 - 10,070 - 10,049 - 10,181 - 10,397 - 10,522 - 10, 608

This is also cearly showing a near flattening - as these numbers will lag cases by a few days The rise week to week was 2307 the week before and is just 977 this week,

Daily admissions seem to have peaked about 6 days ago around 1400 - much lower than the last wave if so where it was over 2000.

North West patients peaked around the same time and are slowly falling the past few days. On 1226.

Ventilated patients and deaths have both risen a bit but neither are above the most recent wave in mid to late Summer. Currently 221 on ventilators - just 21 of those in the North West.

Deaths are the last measure to change so will be a week or ten days before they fall but there has yet to be a 100 deaths i one day in this wave.

Totals for last 2 months per week in England are:

519 - 414 - 316 - 265 - 246 - 204 - 234 - 338 - 462 the latest week

Will likely peak next week or the week after.

Last edited:
The above are the only meaningful figures worth watching nowadays.

So unless told not to do I will post them every Thursday until this wave is cleary over or this thread disappears again.

But whilst it is here it is worth a weekly one off status report on where we are heading. To give context to your thoughts,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.