COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
They put a billion into it apparently
A red top left wing anti government newspaper with a headline with the word 'may' in it? I don't think I need to read any further to notice the agenda?

Cases for the three nations (bar England) today total 3414 versus 3474 last Friday,

So whilst the number is high it has actually fallen a little. That is good news.And supports the flattening that Nicola Sturgeon noted in her briefing today and we have been noticing over past days in here.

After England data was added last week there were 15, 650 cases reported last Friday. Very unlikely we will be anywhere near that after England is added today. But we can dream.

I would take that with a large pinch of salt.

All the article really says is that the first country to approve the product will be the first to get it. That's a statement of the blindingly obvious, not an exclusive arrangement.

Manufacturing is contracted to multiple sites across the globe; there's not one stock which will suddenly be mobilised to one location

eg Catalent in Italy: https://www.cobrabio.com/news/june-2020/cobra-supply-agreement-astrazeneca-covid19-vaccine

Cobra in Sweden:

Oxford UK:

India

etc etc
Whilst your points are true, I'm afraid to say that if the FDA accepts the dossier and provides a license they will get all the doses they've paid for. It's being produced at cost largely with American money ($1B).

There will be inevitable politics at play. When Pfizer recently tried to buy out AZ share holders they were advised to hold out (believe they were offered ~50/share, advised to take ~60/share) and ultimately the deal collapsed. As a result, Pfizer's dwindling patents and pipelines have led them towards a huge down swing and AZ's has gone the opposite way. It would be highly attractive in a business sense to be the one to provide this to America.

As I've alluded to earlier in this thread - the money that was secured was enough to make 1B doses, of which the US and UK/Europe would take the lion's share. For everyone else's understanding, these contracts (Italy, Sweden, India) are for manufacture only and concern an anticipated scale-up to supply the whole world. AZ would still own the product they produce.

For further information, these are some of the most competent drug manufacturers in the world. Don't be put off by the stigma of Indian cleanliness, they are highly audited environments which I've personally seen and there are no issues of quality.

fingers crossed. lets hope the governement have arranged a deal to get the UK vaccinated with this first before every other country.
I might as well be the first to open up the black market on buying vaccines if you get them first - first offer of 50 quid per viral shot and you don't need to post the syringe with it as I will neck it back to back with a shot of Tequila

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.