Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing he would bring is levels. Professionalism, ethics and desire. And that would rub on our current first team as well as the academy. So it's a yes from me. And needless to say after he retires, will go down as the only play to win titles in Spain Italy and England. Messi doesn't have that.

Wouldn’t mind getting him as he’s an elite striker and would score for fun. However, I’d be concerned about our long terms plans as Ronaldo would want at least a 2 year deal, and he won’t be sitting on the bench... so that’s Haaland not happening.

But then again, 2 years ago who had heard of Haaland?
Same if we bought Kane or Lewandowski. Or if we got Vlahovic, that’s 60mil on a backup striker who may want to leave if he’s not playing.

Haaland (or his agent at least) seems to want stupid money for a player who’s not won anything yet. If there was a deal to be done, I’m sure we’d have done it by now.

Thing is he’s not showing his age at all. 36 but plays better than the majority of 20 odd year olds. He’s a freak.

Same if we bought Kane or Lewandowski. Or if we got Vlahovic, that’s 60mil on a backup striker who may want to leave if he’s not playing.

Haaland (or his agent at least) seems to want stupid money for a player who’s not won anything yet. If there was a deal to be done, I’m sure we’d have done it by now.
That’s why it seems to be all or nothing with Kane then.

Haaland obviously doesn’t want to come or it’d be done + Raiola and wages.

Mbappe wants Madrid only.

Can’t see Bayern selling Lewandowski unless they have a replacement and none available as we’re finding out (unless they are signing Haaland next year).

Ronaldo seems the easiest deal to do but would Pep want his ego? Do they think he would be suited to our dressing room or would it upset the balance? No doubt he’d do the job on the pitch.

Then for me you have Lautoro Martinez and Vlahovic - both would be around 60/70m so it’s a big punt. I think both would want to join and would make it happen. But both are unproven and have question makes over them - both these deals would be similar to Dias and look how that worked out.

Will we be forced to take the risk? Or risk the ego of Ronaldo. Or risk going without a striker.

Anyway, here’s hoping Levy stops being a **** and takes 150m so we have our number 1 target.

1. Kane
2. Ronaldo
3. Martinez
4. Vlahovic
5. False 9/Torres/Delap

The speculation isn't going away and if anything seems to be getting stronger by the day with plenty of quotes in the media that he wants to come to us. Whether that is exaggerated is anybody's guess but I'd have thought this only has real legs if Kane doesn't come off. Does anyone think it's possible that we're actually looking to sign both of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.