Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea, one minute yes the next no after consideration maybe or maybe not. The joys of the transfer window.

Again, Bayern Munich.

There were no injury problems for the return leg I said, forgetting about Robben, everybody else you mentioned was there. And they didn't lose that tie because they missed Boateng in the first leg, they lost it because their collective defending sucked,especially on the counterattacks, just like it still sucks today, with or without Boateng. Boateng and Benatia was turned inside out by Aguero when we played them, and again Boateng was literally raped by Messi and Ronaldo in various other ties in their set up.

They got knocked out by Atletico because they literally couldn't contain their counterattacks, a problem they still have as they lost to Atletico earlier in the season the same way and they got literally raped by Real Madrid, again.

And Robben was all they needed to get past Atletico, too bad. It's their problem if their other wingers were up to no good. See: squad planning.

Then Begiristain is who I'm addressing here. I'm not writing under Pep Guardiola thread, I'm writing under Dani Alves thread. I originally said "I'm not against Dani Alves, I welcome someone like him in the team, he'll be a very valuable addition if he's brought in for rotation and for his experience but Pep should finish the signing of priority fullbacks for both flanks this week before they go to other teams. Since yesterday I'm reading that Chelsea are all over Sandro and are ready to pay big money. We should be working on Sandro and players like Sandro instead", I also said Dani Alves isn't what you're exaggerating him up to and he won't be enough as our first choice fullback because he's old and he's declining and will continue to decline, it's inevitable, yet you threw pages of fit yourself and now you say "no one ever said Dani Alves on his own was enough".

But he's in control with ours, or Txiki. I was addressing a concern about our first choice FB targets and lack of defenders. Txiki, Pep, they're the ones taking care of it.

Sam Lee said just what Tolmie said in the other thread, which is "One of the main reasons we had only a watching brief interest on Van Dijk/another central defender is because the club feels they might need the budget for Mbappe if we do get the nod."

(I quoted Tolmie here but what Sam Lee said was the same thing)
, so I made a comment about the fullback situation, just like I previously expressed a concern about defender situation, but instead of responding and discussing like a normal human being with good manners and adequate intelligence quotient, you rather began fighting back like your life depends on it calling me names, which you usually do, just like you're defending it in the other thread when other people express similar concerns. Y'know, because we're fans, and some of us may have different opinions and we post it in the forum to discuss between ourselves.

But when I suggest you should start a blog so that you can be the sole writer and everybody else can just read and not respond, you write me pages and pages about how much you love discussing with people who have different views. And then you call me:

I'm genuinely unwell pal, I'm breaking out in hives here.

Ah, Ok, I think we've found the route of the problem. As suspected, it's you being a fucking moron.

"Sam Lee said Pep wants to look out for Mbappe's situation and he might start the season with the current set of defenders if need be."

That's a direct quote from you, earlier today.

Do you see how that's different from:

"One of the main reasons we had only a watching brief interest on Van Dijk/another central defender is because the club feels they might need the budget for Mbappe if we do get the nod."?

Please tell me you see a difference?

Do you see how you've taken a quote about not signing Van Dijk, and somehow, god knows how, made that into "we will start the season with the current set of defenders".

Nobody has said we will sign 0 defenders. In fact both Tolmie and Sam Lee have been adamant we'll sign Mendy, Walker and Bertrand, and that all 3 deals are still on.

People tried desperately to tell you this, but you ignored their comments.

I made a comment about the fullback situation, just like I previously expressed a concern about defender situation, but instead of responding and discussing like a normal human being with good manners and adequate intelligence quotient, you rather began fighting back like your life depends on it calling me names, which you usually do, just like you're defending it in the other thread when other people express similar concerns. Y'know, because we're fans, and some of us may have different opinions and we post it in the forum to discuss between ourselves.

No, that's not actually what happened. It might be what you think happened, but it's not actually true (that seems to be a common theme in your posts today)

What happened is, you made a post.

People told you how your post was based on a mistake. Lots of people said it, politely. "Alves isn't the only signing! The other deals will be done!"

You ignored those people and carried on wailing about what a disaster Alves' signing is, and how Bayern hate Pep, and how it's his fault Bayern never got past the semi's under him, and it's all a giant catastrophe!!!

Then I, less politely told you that wasn't the case and to read peoples comments.

Then you ignored the facts presented to you again, about how there were injuries in games you said there weren't, how now there were injuries it doesn't matter, how you were now attacking Begiristain not Pep, and made up more bullshit about why it would be a disaster to sign Alves.

Then I insulted your intelligence because you genuinely can't seem to read, or refuse to read the replies sent you if they don't fit with the hysterical narrative you're peddling, as demonstrated with what you took away from Tolmie's post about VVD.

Last edited:
There is some risk associated with this transfer.
His game intelligence is not in doubt and neither is his ability on the ball. Whilst he is less reliant on his pace than other fullbacks (like Maicon and Zaba), he could be exposed by the faster wingers if his legs were to deteriorate further. I'd say that it all depends on the kind of wage that he is demanding. I could see how he would be useful against teams that lack quick wingers. However, at 34 years old, I have my doubts that he'll still be able to run up and down the pitch in a years time. A two year contract is certainly too long. We wouldn't be able to sell him after a year either.

No idea, one minute yes the next no after consideration maybe or maybe not. The joys of the transfer window.

Pretty sure nobody is saying he definitely isn't coming. Seems much more likely than not at this point.

Or Chelsea how they got involved thought it was only us

lol Chelsea aren't involved, just being added in by default because he's with Juventus and lazy journalism.

Alves absolutely idolises Pep and wouldn't pass up the chance to play under him, even if there were some modicum of interest from the Chavs.

Or Chelsea how they got involved thought it was only us
Surprised they are mentioned too. I do remember he almost joined them before it was cancelled at the last minute and he joined barca shortly after.

There is some risk associated with this transfer.
His game intelligence is not in doubt and neither is his ability on the ball. Whilst he is less reliant on his pace than other fullbacks (like Maicon and Zaba), he could be exposed by the faster wingers if his legs were to deteriorate further. I'd say that it all depends on the kind of wage that he is demanding. I could see how he would be useful against teams that lack quick wingers. However, at 34 years old, I have my doubts that he'll still be able to run up and down the pitch in a years time. A two year contract is certainly too long. We wouldn't be able to sell him after a year either.
Do you ever have anything positive to say FFS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.