Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
bondsman said:
If dzeko was top class there would be nowhere near the level of discussion about him. Simples. No one doubts for a minute that zidane, Ronaldo viera, bergkamp baresi were great players.
Zidane was indeed doubted in the early stages of his career.

johnmc said:
Are there any strikers you consider better than Dzeko?
Ronaldo, Messi, Ibra to name a few.

-- Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:02 pm --

pudge said:
That's apples and oranges

You're comparing the record of a 28-36 year old striker to Dzeko's entire career to date, in league goals only.

Water your argument down even more why don't you...
I am not. Compare their best seasons side by side. Dzeko still has a more impressive record. And I don't think we've seen Dzeko's best yet. When we do well in CL and his NT qualifies to WC.

Bazzmand Show said:
nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
If a 30 mill offer came in for Dzeko or Negredo in January who would you be most disappointed to see go? I think most people would happily wave goodbye to Dzeko.
(and lose a good few fans from bluemoon..... you know who they are)

Negredo, as I believe Dzeko's best, is better than Negredo's.
why have you said you would be most disappointed to see negredo go if you believe dzekos best is better than negredos???

noise said:
johnmc said:

pudge said:

You're comparing the record of a 28-36 year old striker to Dzeko's entire career to date, in league goals only.

I am not. Compare their best seasons side by side. Dzeko still has a more impressive record.
You are, the stats you posted were of the last 9 seasons they had each played.

You used those same stats to say Dzeko had scored more than Raul.

noise said:
johnmc said:

pudge said:

I am not. Compare their best seasons side by side. Dzeko still has a more impressive record. And I don't think we've seen Dzeko's best yet. When we do well in CL and his NT qualifies to WC.

Forget Messi and Ronaldo. They are not even comparable. But ill accept Ibrahimovic. What's his minutes per game, best season etc.

pudge said:
noise said:
johnmc said:

pudge said:

I am not. Compare their best seasons side by side. Dzeko still has a more impressive record.

That's the best I could come up with, because there is no stats which include minutes played for Raul's earlier years. But like I said compare Raul's best season with 32 goals scored to Dzeko's 36 goals scored, in a tougher league, playing for a mid table team, also not hogging opportunities since Grafite scored just as many that season.

-- Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:09 pm --

johnmc said:
noise said:
johnmc said:

pudge said:

Forget Messi and Ronaldo. They are not even comparable. But ill accept Ibrahimovic. What's his minutes per game, best season etc.
Dzeko clearly delivers goals, this is indisputable. The reason why I like Dzeko is a similar reason why I liked Zidane (not saying they are similar). It's about how unorthodox their play styles are.

When Matts Hummels was asked who the toughest opponent was last CL, he named Dzeko. Despite our poor record in that CL. Dzeko is a unique player, which as evidenced by this thread is misunderstood. But one thing no one can dispute is that he can score em.

noise said:
pudge said:
noise said:

That's the best I could come up with, because there is no stats which include minutes played for Raul's earlier years. But like I said compare Raul's best season with 32 goals scored to Dzeko's 36 goals scored, in a tougher league, playing for a mid table team, also not hogging opportunities since Grafite scored just as many that season.

johnmc said:
noise said:

Dzeko clearly delivers goals, this is indisputable. The reason why I like Dzeko is a similar reason why I liked Zidane (not saying they are similar). It's about how unorthodox their play styles are.

When Matts Hummels was asked who the toughest opponent was last CL, he named Dzeko. Despite our poor record in that CL. Dzeko is a unique player, which as evidenced by this thread is misunderstood. But one thing no one can dispute is that he can score em.

Seeing as Hummels cant defend I would take whatever he says with a pinch of salt

Proelia said:
noise said:
pudge said:

johnmc said:

Seeing as Hummels cant defend I would take whatever he says with a pinch of salt
Hummels is still a better defender than 100% of posters on this thread. And he and his team have reached the CL final last season.

noise said:
Proelia said:
noise said:

Hummels is still a better defender than 100% of posters on this thread. And he and his team have reached the CL final last season.
ygy8yzur.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.