Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

This gives you an idea of what kind of angle a single tier stand would need to be at.

The back of the terracing would need to be in the exact same place as the South Stand third tier finishes as the old cable net needs to come into the stadium between stand and roof.

ED802-C66-4-AF1-4-FE0-9144-D275-F1697253.jpg

Ripping out the current North Stand is possible as it wasn’t originally there in the first place. It would look like this but in reverse:

EA5-BA4-FF-6841-4-D8-D-A404-F97524-AEA191.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Itd
I really think the north stand will be put back for 4 or 5 years who knows more. I looked at and backed up every business reason to extend the north stand but after Saturday game Vs Burnley the owners will have realised. Not that the expansion hinged on this game but it brings it home.

Saturday was a 3pm KO, fantastic weather, not played a game for a while, top of the league, chance to see a few goals going in the net. It looked like the poorest home PL attendance so far this season ! I have not seen as many empty seats in 115 ss for a while at a home PL game, this isn't the corporate stand or family stand it is where we sing and is generally packed. All around the stadium you could see spare seats. I imagine the Fulham cup game will have a low attendance, lets see how the next CL home game is ( last one Vs Lyon wasn't full by a long way ).

If the stadium isn't full for what ever reason on a Saturday 3pm KO when we are top of the league, the owners wont invest to increase capacity.

I really think the north stand will be put back for 4 or 5 years who knows more. I looked at and backed up every business reason to extend the north stand but after Saturday game Vs Burnley the owners will have realised. Not that the expansion hinged on this game but it brings it home.

Saturday was a 3pm KO, fantastic weather, not played a game for a while, top of the league, chance to see a few goals going in the net. It looked like the poorest home PL attendance so far this season ! I have not seen as many empty seats in 115 ss for a while at a home PL game, this isn't the corporate stand or family stand it is where we sing and is generally packed. All around the stadium you could see spare seats. I imagine the Fulham cup game will have a low attendance, lets see how the next CL home game is ( last one Vs Lyon wasn't full by a long way ).

If the stadium isn't full for what ever reason on a Saturday 3pm KO when we are top of the league, the owners wont invest to increase capacity.

it was possibly one of the fullest I have seen it - great crowd. I would say 52k at least in the stadium - about 95% occupied absolutely fine.

If there is to be an expansion of the North Stand, it is imperative that the club find ways of providing better exits from the official car parks rather than all the traffic leaving via Alan Turing Way.

it was possibly one of the fullest I have seen it - great crowd. I would say 52k at least in the stadium - about 95% occupied absolutely fine.

I’m not sure about the overall attendance but I was sat in 93:20 and there were rows of empty seats in front of me. That’s not a lack of demand though - just over pricing.

Just because there were some empty seats doesn't mean it wasn't a sellout. The 54K official attendance suggests that it was, as the only place where there were large gaps was in the Burnley section. Near me it was full. The fact that it is the start of half term may explain some of the stayaways due to family holidays. Lots of people don't use the ticket exchange if they can't make it which I find bizarre.

The third level of the away end wasn't full, a whole block hadn't been sold by the look of it, though it filled in, as most of their village idiots moved into it soon after kick off, to be nearer the home fans so they could shout at us

Had a dream they started building the new North Stand over night and we only found out because someone drove past in the morning and took a photo.

It was already taller that the current one so they must have been working fast!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.