Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

If you want cheap public transport it has to be subsidised by taxation.

The Metrolink has no - that is zero - revenue subsidy which is why it is so dear. Your ticket pays for all costs and some of the cost of extra trams/future expansion.

The problem with this country is that everyone wants high-quality public services and low taxes. This is an impossible circle to square, although lying politicians have tried to persuade people for the last 40 years that it can all be achieved by 'efficiency'. Sorry, but even the most efficient chef can't produce fillet steak for the price of a McDonald's shitburger.
Low taxes? How the fuck is 40% low???

Why don’t I just be done with it & give the government the other 60% to waste

In 20 years the rest of the world will be building hyperloops doing 700mph and we will be debating if its worth the cost to make trains go 120mph.
Elon Musk is planning to launch his hyperloop train in nine years time while we are half way to our single "low-speed" line. There is a new industrial revolution happening across the world but this time, instead of being the leaders, we are the losers.

The fastest Japanese passenger train (Maglef) travels at 268 mph. They are testing a new train at present that has reached 357mph. The average speed for trains on the Manchester to Leeds route is around 30mph. That is how far we are behind advanced nations. It is a national scandal.
You would be in Leeds in under 10 minutes using that Japanese train, not a pleasant prospect.

If you're paying 40% on all your income then you need some advice.
Really? How so? If I transfer you some money, can you give me some advice? ;-p

When I went from being a business owner to paye, I questioned if my wage slip was correct as I couldn’t believe how much HMRC took off me!!

I really don’t think I get value for money on the tax I pay

Really? How so? If I transfer you some money, can you give me some advice? ;-p

When I went from being a business owner to paye, I questioned if my wage slip was correct as I couldn’t believe how much HMRC took off me!!

I really don’t think I get value for money on the tax I pay
I can't say but you could check here ... https://www.uktaxcalculators.co.uk/tax-calculators/personal-tax-calculators/payslip-calculator/

Maybe you're paying some additional owed taxes from previous self assessments.

Personally I wouldn't object to paying extra to subsidise local transport. Perhaps we could have free Metrolink and buses at weekends and evenings subsidised by city taxes like other cities & regions do in the US for example, so not directly taxing residents but getting it paid for by people visiting the city attractions.

I can't say but you could check here ... https://www.uktaxcalculators.co.uk/tax-calculators/personal-tax-calculators/payslip-calculator/

Maybe you're paying some additional owed taxes from previous self assessments.

Personally I wouldn't object to paying extra to subsidise local transport. Perhaps we could have free Metrolink and buses at weekends and evenings subsidised by city taxes like other cities & regions do in the US for example, so not directly taxing residents but getting it paid for by people visiting the city attractions.
Don't you think we pay enough in Tax here without having to cough up more for Services we already contribute towards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.