"Gareth Barry is awful"

People who dont watch us regularly really dont "get" Gareth Barry. You arent gonna look flashy in a midfield with Yaya Toure, David Silva and Samir Nasri. But he is there every week doing the dirty work. Phenomenal player.

masterwig said:
People in this country like to think they know all about players who they've not watched properly. I know about City players but the majority of the rest of the league, I have never watched in detail. I mean properly watched over a period of games, looking at their strengths and weaknesses. Rodwell for example, I've seen him play but I wasn't paying much attention to him. I'll happily admit that but too many people think they are an expert on every player in the world when really they've read a few reports and seen some highlights.

As has been said, Barry will never stand out on MOTD and therefore people who don't watch him properly think he's shit.

Good post mate. England have had some decent proven (club level) managers who see a lot of players and they seem to think Barry is decent.

people just hate us for the sake of hating us at times,wheather they make sense or not,i think pretty soon we,ll be featuring on 4-4-2,s most hated teams

de niro said:
spidermanc said:
The people who sit near me slate Barry but love AJ. I thought I was the only one who saw the quality GB brings to the team and its value to it. I am not AJs greatest fan tbh but most fans near me rave about him. Glad to read here I am not alone in this view.

where at villa park do you sit?

Haha!! I am not saying he sets the world alight but agree with a lot of posts on here that his contribution often goes unnoticed. Block 116 Southstand btw.

Because he uses his brain more than his mouth, and rather than make a rash challenge would make a simple interception.

Much better player than Parker, who wouldn't even make our bench.

He just gets on with his job. No fuss, no histrionics. One of the most consistent players we have. Has much better technical ability than most people give him credit for. Normally very accurate with his passes, keeps the ball moving, eye for a threaded pass. Good in the air from a defensive point of view and a strong tackler. No pace as everyone knows but is normally first choice for Mancini which shows the value that the boss has in him. Probably only 2 more seasons left in him to be honest but he came to us to win medals and I'm sure he thinks he made the right choice.

I'm a great admirer of Gareth too. He just gets on with the job and is very effective shielding the back four (or three, as it will apparently be from now on).

He is equally at home in a two-man midfield with YaYa, or a three-man with NdJ in there too.

It was one of the best moves we have ever made, when we brought Gareth Barry to the club, IMHO.

what it is with Barry is that heez not good on the eye is he? but what people don`t see is his positioning and awareness of danger always there to snuff it out well that is if he doesn`t get caught out of position cos he can`t get back but we think he is decent just a shame he ain`t got pace cos if he had he would be worth a fortune!!

lol what is it with arsenal fans? this arsenal fan i know also think barry is shite, and that 'barry is the most undeserving premier league winner ever' .he also said he'd take aj in a heartbeat, better than nasri he said.

Re: Gareth Barry is awful

sweynforkbeard said:
Definitely undervalued and underated. Though plenty of Blues took time to be convinced. Mate who sits on other side of the stadium to me said this guy behind him who regularly shouted, 'You fat twat, Barry,' suddenly switched part of the way through last season to, 'Great stuff, Gareth, well done!' causing most of the rows in front of him to turn round in amazement.

If your mate stands in East level 1 Block 110, I could be that "convert" though I challenge the "Great stuff, Gareth, well done". More like - "That's better, you fat twat " On the other hand, it might not be me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.