Insanity work-out

OrigamiNinja said:
Just read all 75 pages of this epic thread. Quite inspiring to read the views of average Joes rather than taking the word of some ripped monster on an advert.

I started at my local gym almost a year ago to the day, at the time I had really let myself go. I weighed in at a vile 102kg, had a BMI of 34 and a body fat pecentage of 29%, almost 1/3rd of my body was pure lard! I was a unit!

Over the past 12 months Ive worked hard to get fit and lose weight, ive lost 3 stone, got my BMI down to 28 and my body fat percentage down to 20%.

I am delighted with the results however the past 2 months or so have seen me plateau. As I go to the gym on my own I am finding it almost impossible to push myself that extra mile and this is where I am hoping Insanity will come into its own. I am planning on starting it on Monday and as long as it doesnt kill me I hope to, over the next 60 days, be able to add to the excellent stuff already written in this thread.

Good luck fella! Its hard but addictive.

If your downloading be sure to get the diet plan as the theory involved in it is probably the most important part and the bit that help help you push your fitness further after insanity finishes.

Great programme to follow

badmash said:
ArtyCol said:
badmash said:
Well done

Thanks mate.
I was a right bloater!!

I'm into the 5th week

Knees started hurting so I stopped being a miser and got myself some decent trainers.
Not sure what workout I'm going to do after it, I was thinking of P90X
Or might just do insanity again.

I've got a few sets of very good trainers but when i'm doing this in my house i do it barefoot. Feels so much better.

im starting this in a few hours i cant wait target weight is 12 stone and im currently 13 and a half after dislocating my knee ( id like to have a cool story but i slipped on a wet grate whilst pissed) i wouldnt mind but id just come down from 14 and a half stone down to 12 when i did it! and we start again, shall keep posting.

Started at 6 this morning - Did the Fit Test now have wobbly Legs! My aim is to lose some weight, and just get overall healthier, I thought I was actually reasonably fit, but got tired just doing the warm up.

Lets see what the next 59 days bring!

stoldens said:
Started at 6 this morning - Did the Fit Test now have wobbly Legs! My aim is to lose some weight, and just get overall healthier, I thought I was actually reasonably fit, but got tired just doing the warm up.

Pain and sweat.

Blue Maverick said:
stoldens said:

Pain and sweat.

And possibly aids. That could just be me though.

Sparkys-Army said:
Blue Maverick said:
stoldens said:

Pain and sweat.

And possibly aids. That could just be me though.
Well Shaun T is gay!! Maybe you got it off him ;)

ninjamonkey said:
badmash said:
ArtyCol said:
Thanks mate.
I was a right bloater!!

I'm into the 5th week

Knees started hurting so I stopped being a miser and got myself some decent trainers.
Not sure what workout I'm going to do after it, I was thinking of P90X
Or might just do insanity again.

I've got a few sets of very good trainers but when i'm doing this in my house i do it barefoot. Feels so much better.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXgFA1F2Tdk[/youtube]

Stand in front of the mirror with no shoes on and look at your feet; then jump. You'll notice the heel is the first thing that leaves and last thing that touches the floor, and the weight bearing and pressure is on the two balls of the foot just below the toes. It's a natural way to move without shoes and we as a species have probably worn shoes during activity for a very small percentage of our existence - we are not designed to wear trainers!

Ive now completed days 1-3 and its bloody hard work. Even the warm up is more intense than any exercise I have tried before. Day 2 was an absolute beast of a workout, im hoping for it to be a little easier tonight as it is Cardio Recovery.

For 45 minutes each night I want to kill Shaun T, however once complete I have to say I feel great. Will be sticking with this for the 60 days!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.