It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is all those things but 'oh so quiet' is a pretty rubbish tune. Her legacy is the vocal house banger 'big time sensuality'. An absolute classic of early 90's clubbing.

the whole album which this is from “ debut” is a masterpiece ,Strange title as it wasn’t her debut solo album , as she has a album out when she was 10 years old.

I prefer the sugacubes the band she was lead singer of in the 80s . Great band

We don't really know what's happening but we seem to spend month and months planning for a transfer window and then Pep seems to change his mind and we are left with a more dynamic situation switching targets etc. during the window. Modern transfer deals are incredibly complex and pulling them together in a few weeks is incredibly difficult. I wonder whether we did have Aouar boxed off but when the Messi option became a genuine option we backed off and we are waiting to see whether that goes over the line before making a final decision.
I don’t see any evidence of Pep changing his mind.

Professional negotiators go into negotiations with an agenda, a strategy and fallback options. They don’t show their hand up front, nor do they expect to win concessions first day. They know it can be a war of attrition and they understand how a ticking clock affects the dynamics.

I certainly won’t be assuming anything until the transfer window closes.

Koulibaly deal seems dead now... Fucking ADL.

Jules Koundé will hopefully be a good signing but I’m still not convinced about his size. I always prefer a bigger centreback to get some aerial and ground presence. A CB should never be pushed over and Koulibaly is a rock.

Koundé is destined to lose certain aerial battles and ground duels because he doesn’t have that big frame. There’s just no way of avoiding that.

I hope he’ll bulk up.
I think we know you have a problem with his height by now

Do we actually concede that many headers?

I genuinely can't remember the last time we conceded by being outjumped at a corner

It's not just the first ball being scored though, it's chaos & pressure which ensues from not clearing it early. We have a lot of situations from balls coming in & not being cleared properly, then goals coming from the next phase or the one after. Be it set pieces or open play.

A lot of that would stop though imo, if we weren't so nervous & disorganised in general at the back.

It's not just the first ball being scored though, it's chaos & pressure which ensues from not clearing it early. We have a lot of situations from balls coming in & not being cleared properly, then goals coming from the next phase. Be it set pieces or open play.

A lot of that would stop though imo, if we weren't so nervous & disorganised in general at the back.
so then it's not height that's the issue then is it?
That's what my point was!

I agree though that our back 4 seems (although maybe they aren't internally) liable to panic, so really the issue is inside us. Any new player whether Kounde or Kaloouby would be an immediate leader in the squad, that sort of stuff can't actually be bought. Laporte or Stones needs to step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.