It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club knew it could go that way though.

Zinchenko and Cancelo as well as Ake and Laporte both having played LB would tell me the priority is nowhere near what people think it is.
Yeah agree how club could see it that way. Sadly still no proper left back, and the need will keep showing. It's the same as the striker situation, Pep listed how many could play in there, but isn't a permanent solution is it? And you would prefer to get a proper 9 instead to make it work. Same as to with left back, of course there are options, but it's better to have a proper one that we've lacked since over 2 years.

Zinchenko and Cancelo as well as Ake and Laporte both having played LB would tell me the priority is nowhere near what people think it is.

dont want to say anything bad about our players but Mendes is better than Zinchenko,Ake and maybe Cancelo when he grows as a player. The kid is going to be one of the best lbs in the world he’s confident in his attacking can dribble past full backs like nothing, insanely dangerous in the attacking third. Likes to drive into the box. He’s basically the Haaland of Lbs. He’s a gem, he’s everything we wanted Mendy to be before injury. Only side he needs to improve on from watching sporting is his tackling but pep could coach him that. If he goes to PSG we are missing out on a gem of a player

Never got al lthe hype over mendes, he is not that great if you watch the portuguese league not better than cancelo there or as good as the likes of Digne at everton

Would trust zinc, laporte or cancelo thaere just as much.

Would be a mangala level signing.
Correct. City have had his agent practically begging us to buy him all summer and repeatedly told his camp we have zero interest.

at this stage in the window that is the only realistic way if concluding it, for any club.

This is obviously nonsense, as will be proven by dozens of deadline day deals that happen in the next 7 hours, and the thousands of deadline day deals that have happened over the past decade.

A lot would have had Zinc out of the club a season or two ago, but he has learnt his position very well and is rapidly turning into a Zabaleta type figure.
He is very reliable.
I happen to like Ake also as he has proper defensive instincts and perhaps he too can learn the City LB role.
I really wanted a LB but am happy to let the club prioritise wherever they see fit. They have the whole picture we don’t.
A striker, a replacement for Fern. We all have preferences but it’s not us balancing the books while trying to win everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.