Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we might sell Sterling to get Grealish who is basically a 10 on the wings? Gonna be very fast with him and Mahrez on the Wings next season. From Sané and Sterling to Mahrez and Grealish. Going backwards ngl. Especially for 100M.
Who says we might sell Sterling ? Tell me its some bellend on Twitter and if so more fool you for taking it as gospel.

You mean copious amounts of chatter from media for us to simply move away and sign two different players? Would be very City.

Yes we’ve tended to be very private about signings in the past. Players like Jorginho, Sanchez etc had a lot of noise about them until they signed for someone else. I read a book called Peps City recently and I only found out we’d agreed terms with Ter Stagen before we signed Bravo but it depended on Ter Stagens girlfriend getting a place at Manchester Uni, at the time there wasn’t much media fanfare. I can see us going for two different players. Isak and Auoar or players like that.
I think what strikes me tho is that - without checking - Utd and Liverpool have a lot of homegrown players, as do some other squads. The prospect of tighter restrictions on number of foreign players fielded and in the squad has been raised repeatedly since 2020. W/R/T the PL, the clubs themselves will have a large say in the issue.

I think COVID and Brexit both give us a political atmosphere where it is easier to imagine these rules being accepted, even welcomed by the public and media. And the SL farce, and situation at UEFA leaves it feeling like reorganisation and changes to the rule books seem to be almost inevitable.

If we failed to take the opportunity to sign the best English players, we could potentially find ourselves at a significant strategic disadvantage as a club in future years. Pool and Utd would love to drop us in it in any way they could. As would Bayern, and others. We should cut them off at the pass.

This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unutterably small or great in your life will have to return to you, all in the same succession and sequence.

Everything straight lies. All truth is crooked, time itself is a circle.

So we might sell Sterling to get Grealish who is basically a 10 on the wings? Gonna be very fast with him and Mahrez on the Wings next season. From Sané and Sterling to Mahrez and Grealish. Going backwards ngl. Especially for 100M.
I'm not sure you have watched us over the past couple of seasons,but we now play possession based football with an emphasis on close control and precision passing.Searing pace and playing on the break are not the qualities Pep is looking for,hence why Sane wasn't a huge loss and Sterling is looking lost.Subsequently,Grealish is deemed perfect to play alongside Foden,KDB and hopefully Bernie.

Just to add,both Foden and Grealish have fantastic speed from a standing start,an attribute that allows them to beat a man in and around the box and is perfect for our approach.

This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unutterably small or great in your life will have to return to you, all in the same succession and sequence.

183270170_10225732937409199_3862397589160052289_n.jpg

Good to see Eric Cantona getting involved..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.