Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s certainly possible to make a very solid argument that Grealish has played at a very high level for the last three seasons. In fact, you can argue that there is a definite upwards trajectory. Grealish is very much a desirable target. That’s why Villa are not going to let him leave for peanuts. You must be living in some alternate reality.

The trophies we’ve won are the achievement of a team. The individual contributions are not equal. What was Mendy’s contribution towards this season’s achievements? Yet, by your logic, he must be phenomenal because he plays for City, plays for France and has won multiple Premier League titles and a World Cup.

Sorry, but I can’t buy into this way of thinking. I judge by my own eyes how players perform on the pitch. Not what teams they play for or what trophies they have won. Mbappe played for Monaco. Haaland played for Salzburg. Mane played for Southampton. Salah played for Basel. De Bruyne played for Wolfsburg. It was possible to see the quality of all those players before they transferred to their current respective teams.
Real talk 100%.

You cannot make a solid argument that VIRGIL VAN DYKE has played consistently at a high level throughout his career, and he's 25. If he were really at the level that you're suggesting, then he'd be hot fucking property right now. He isn't.
That argument looks silly here doesn’t it. When Liverpool bought VVD, Otamendi had won a fuck load more than he had. Would you have preferred to stick with what we had? Seems you’re against social mobility for footballers if they show loyalty to their home team in their early 20’s.

....and he is hot property, that’s why City want to buy him.

I think it’s certainly possible to make a very solid argument that Grealish has played at a very high level for the last three seasons. In fact, you can argue that there is a definite upwards trajectory. Grealish is very much a desirable target. That’s why Villa are not going to let him leave for peanuts. You must be living in some alternate reality.

The trophies we’ve won are the achievement of a team. The individual contributions are not equal. What was Mendy’s contribution towards this season’s achievements? Yet, by your logic, he must be phenomenal because he plays for City, plays for France and has won multiple Premier League titles and a World Cup.

Sorry, but I can’t buy into this way of thinking. I judge by my own eyes how players perform on the pitch. Not what teams they play for or what trophies they have won. Mbappe played for Monaco. Haaland played for Salzburg. Mane played for Southampton. Salah played for Basel. De Bruyne played for Wolfsburg. It was possible to see the quality of all those players before they transferred to their current respective teams.

The Mendy example is bad faith arguing. What I said to you what that I respect what our players have achieved "on the pitch". I was literally referring to the three players you think Grealish would bench (Sterling, Bernardo, and Mahrez).

I also judge players using my eyes and I've never called Grealish a shit player. I just don't think he's better than what we've got. Salah, Mane, Haaland, Mbappe, and KDB were all playing CL football well before the age of 25. Grealish is STILL at Villa and was playing championship football a couple of seasons ago.

Grealish is England's second best player after Kane. We'd be stupid not to go for him.

fishing-gif-4.gif

Everything.......it all revolves about where they can be effective on the pitch and their use of the ball and decision making.
I guess we have very different opinions on what intelligence on a football pitch means. For me it's the ability to understand tactical instructions and read the game. Considering Sterling has been Pep's most used player, while Grealish has yet to play under a top manager, I'd say Sterling takes that one by default.

Same for adaptability- I've seen nothing from Grealish to make me think you could ask him to do a different job to the very specific role he plays in that Villa side. Not to say he's not adaptable - but he's something of an unknown quantity in that regard.

Also, suggesting that Grealish is more intelligent than anyone is a bit ridiculous when he gets pissed and crashes his car. During lockdown.

That argument looks silly here doesn’t it.

and he is hot property, that why City want to buy him.
You 100% could have argued he had played at a high level for a long time (at the time he moved to Liverpool).
He was brilliant at Celtic and Southampton over a 5 year period. Winning PoTY at both clubs, several international caps, back to back league titles etc.

Also, his name is van Dijk. Unless you are deliberately calling him a homophobic slur?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.