John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Laporte, best just to say it would take perhaps an even bigger U-turn from Stones.

I'm sure Everton and Koeman will be asked immediately what the situations are with Lukaku and Stones?

No doubt, they will insist they are not for sale/going nowhere but until the Euros finish, there is nothing we can do.

Tuesday then.

After Laporte, best just to say it would take perhaps an even bigger U-turn from Stones.

I'm sure Everton and Koeman will be asked immediately what the situations are with Lukaku and Stones?

No doubt, they will insist they are not for sale/going nowhere but until the Euros finish, there is nothing we can do.
If nothing is sorted with the clubs, why not sort that out

From the Grand Old Team website regarding John Stones

Here's what I think.

People haven't "suddenly" decided he is no good. Nor is he "boss".

Over the course of the season just gone people have gradually come to the realisation that John is not as good as many of us thought he was this time last year.

That is not his fault.....ridiculous levels of hyperbole were heaped upon the lid on foot of one full season playing regularly as a centre back in the EPL.

A totally absurd amount of money was offered for him by Chelsea and this enhanced his reputation among Evertonians, myself included, whom bought into the hype for a time.

Now we are seeing John for what he is.

A youngish centre back with great potential, still learning the trade and who may or may not mature into a great centre back.

Only time will tell.

FWIW I think John Stones would be best suited by staying at Everton and letting one of the best centre backs we have ever seen take him under his wing and whom might help him realise that potential.

(assuming Ronald is coming to us, that is.......Blimey O'Riley, this wait is getting old now :()

If there was one thing we learned about John this past twelve months it is that he found it hard living up to the expectation and the hype hence him being taken out the firing line in the middle of the season when his limitations were being exposed on a regular basis. He came back all the stronger for that, but he still has a bit to do to start living up to the hype.

And this pressure will be ratcheted up many fold if he goes to City or Chelsea for a massive fee and fails to set the place alight immediately.

As ever, all IMO :)

........yet to be convinced sure he'll be fairly decent but bound to full of errors alla Mangala. Wish we'd just cut out the crap and buy a proven, ready made CB. Bonucci, Alderweireld, Godin someone like that. We're already prepared to pay a premium so see little sense in paying for potential!

Hope I'm proven wrong.

From the Grand Old Team website regarding John Stones

Funny reading the truth from an Everton fan who watches him every week rather than some of the absolte bollocks on here, suggesting he's had a really good season.

It is 100% a potential player we would be signing, not a guaranteed star. And for that reason we probably have more chance of getting him, as Everton fans will be split on whether they would rather have the cash.

Honestly mate, I think it's impossible we get the nooch (sorry, I'm not sorry I call him that). I wish people would stop bringing it up because he's amazing and I think it's impossible :(
Well now I'm first sad.. Is he Juventus through and through? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.