KDB or David Silva?

Kevin is so good but some of you lot by playing short and doing his hair to the left , Kevin is so much better than some geezer who was ok , but come now boy’s please don’t be stupid it’s embarrassing , I actually think some of you know football but you are comparing probably the best player we had to some guy who played left and right and if possible backwards
Come again.

I'm never choosing between KDB and David Silva, but Silva was at the time the most incredible footballer I'd ever seen play for us, the control and touch and passing. Unbelievably, he's still doing it at age 37, extract from match report of recent Sociadad victory over Real Madrid:
"A little after the clock struck 12 on the night when David Silva, 37, ran 10 kilometres, completed more passes, won more possession, made more tackles, created more chances and provided more assists than anyone else; the delirious, noisy night when everybody bounced about and he led his team – the fifth of a career that began 19 years ago and isn’t ending any time soon – to victory over the European champions and the cusp of a Champions League place for the first time in a decade, his manager was asked what exactly they were giving him up in San Sebastián. For a moment Imanol Alguacil paused, then a smile crept across his face. “Our thanks,” he said."
You have our thanks as well David!

Just watching MOTD top 10 Spanish players. David was truly, truly unique.

Watched 95% of all games they both played and whilst I think kev scores more, stands out etc. I do think for actually ability and how to dictate a game of football, Dave gets my vote.

What. A. Player.

Watched 95% of all games they both played and whilst I think kev scores more, stands out etc. I do think for actually ability and how to dictate a game of football, Dave gets my vote.

What. A. Player.

I said earlier no comment. I now say the same as you, it's Silva. I fucking love David Silva. I love KDB too, and he's a really different sort of player and really more potent as an individual. But Silv, fuck me take the ball off him if you can. I love the pair of them, like choosing between kids here.

What. A. Player.
Hence the reason when playing together with Fernandinho sweeping up behind it was the best, most balanced midfield in the Premier League era in my opinion. I can’t choose between Dave and Kev. As somebody mentioned earlier it’s like choosing between your kids.

As much as we all love David Silva, KDB is on his own in winning games for City. Silva was beautiful to watch, but rarely won us games on his own. KDB takes matches and especially the big matches, by the scruff of the neck. Only Yaya could compare since King Colin
Always find it a bit odd when people rate how good a player is based on their ability to “win games on their own”.

Roy of the Rovers is best kept as a comic book imo.

It’s a team game. Players who make those around them better are worth their weight in gold.

Silva was the best player in the best team ever in this country, the 100 points season and the domestic treble season. He didn’t “win games on his own”, but he made the whole team tick and made those around him better.

He was the lynchpin of that team, take him out and we weren’t the same side. Take DeBruyne out of it, and at times we actually improved.

DeBruyne is an absolutely sensational player, possibly the best player in the world at the moment, which Silva never was.

In a game of of Wembley singles, I’d stick my house on DeBruyne winning. But if the question is who’s the better footballer? It’s David Silva.

We didn’t need to choose 1 because we had both.

Always amazes me that all time prem teams are infiltrated with the sky4 & these are missing, hilarious.

Scholes, Gerard & Lampard ahead of these ffs.

bit off topic but i have to comment on Gundogan...For a while when he first arrived..I hated the guy..So poor and compounded by keeping Phil out the team...But to be honest he has completely won me over now.I think he is fantastic and in the top 3 best players for us this season..(Just my opinion dont forget)..Why on earth dont we give him his 2 year deal..I guarantee he wont just drop off having signed and will be just as good next season..So if he falters in the last year, so what??Whats his salary for one year in the overall scheme of things..When A. he would be great to have around and B.Can marshall our 'b' team in those early round cup games etc..Its an absolute no brainer for me..But just my opinion obviously.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.