Kevin Parker .

Seems as If I have upset Strongbowholic in particular and for that I apologise. I do not claim to speak for the majority of City fans or indeed any of them. The views I expressed were my own although I did make the point that the few supporters I spoke to yesterday were expecting Robinho to leave and were not too dissapointed, that in itself is a terrible shame when you consider the undoubted ability he has.

I would also say, however, that my two sons have a completely different opinion and will be devastated if Robinho leaves the club.

The Interview with The BBC took around 10 minutes in total and they have obviously selected the bits to suit them and quoted them out of context . I accept I am to blame for that as well but would point out that the BBC have been very good in the past when I have spoken to them

If we all had the same opinion on City related matters then there would be no point in these type of forums would there !.

Lets hope that all the talk of him going will not materialise and come Thursday we are all celebrating victory over the Rags and looking forward to Wembley (at least once this season)

Hi Prestwich_Blue, tickets and the use of Club facilities are not so much favours rather than rewards for hard work and financial support given to the Club (Academy/Reserves) over many, many years

The OSC membership has conftinued to grow over the years with now almost 70O0 members on board. These benefits have been made available to anyone who wants to Join any of our many branches which are all run by volunteers who put in many hours of work to help fellow blues follow City home nad away. These nenefits have also been made available to members of The CSA and it is credit to both organistaions that we now work as close as we ever have done

With regards to The Sven Rally the help that the club gave was to allow us to march peacefully from the car park to the main entrance and hand in our petition, however at no time was AM or PT involved (nor would we have wanted them to have been)

As soon as I read the article myself today I contacted the chap at The BBC who rang me about the Interview. He hasn't yet returned my call but I know he will tomorrow morning. I will ask him to amend so the context of my words are not misunderstood

I'm sure i'm not the only person reading this thread who thinks this 'strongbowholic' character is doing his best to come across as a dickhead of the highest order.

I'd rather listen to Kevin Parker than the shoeless "let's sign Messi" mongs.

pardoe said:
I'm sure i'm not the only person reading this thread who thinks this 'strongbowholic' character is doing his best to come across as a dickhead of the highest order.

He has certainly tied to cause a problem but I hope to think he really didn't realise that the General IS Kevin

pardoe said:

fair play to Kevin for coming on and putting his side of the story. So who are these shoeless, let's sign Messi mongs? Why have they no shoes?

As I do not agree with everything Kevin says, why does that make me a dickhead?

strongbowholic said:
Let's put a stake in the ground.

there are very few players in the game nowadays who are

1) in it for the club the play for and the fans
2) not in it for the money

This notion of loyalty above ego and all that stuff died over 20 years ago. I would like to see players of the highest quality at the club and when we signed him Robinho fit that bill in spades.

The kid (ego aside) has just come back from a broken ankle. we have seen historically that Brazilians, for whatever reason, seem to struggle to settle in England. Obviously there are exceptions to that rule, but it does seem to be a problem.

this is where the problem lies,where peoples opinions can become so divided. Yes Robinho has the talent to fill a stadium and get a crowd on its feet single-handedly,and if he could show the slightest inclination that he gives a shit and is willing to put the effort in that every player,talented or not, is expected to put in then this argument and possibilty of him leaving on loan would not be an issue. My 7 year old son idolised him when he arrived (along with Stevie Ireland) so its not easy for me to say its time Robinho went, but sadly,my opinion is we should let him go back to Brazil nd hope he gets his head right for next season. I was there yesterday and to hear City fans giving the lad a right slating(even booing in some cases) is wrong, no matter what he has said or done, when he pulls on a City shirt he gets my backing. the sad truth is though he behaves like self centred,selfish brat who can't get his own way. The petulent manner he has walked off down the tunnel twice now and not suppoerted his team mates on the pitch, the unauthorised trip back to Brazil,the alledged refusal to go to the bowling at xmas,the refusal to follow club dress code amongst other things, are proof enough that he is not bothered about the team or teamwork.
As for Kevin and his coments through the media, people are making a storm in a tea-cup. people will always give opinions to tv/radio stations,and invarioubly some of those comments are used as the views of the fans,its not the first time and it won't be the last this has happened, but to slaughter Kevin on this forum is ridiculous and uneccesary with such a big game coming up we need to stick together!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.