League Title or CL Final?

Clough, Paisley and Ferguson all said 'League' when asked the same question, in Cloughs and Paisleys time of course you had to win the league to have a do at the tournament football that is/was the EC

Perhaps it's my Stella Artois addled brain but why should there be a choice between the 2? We have a strong squad, despite what the doom mongers in the meejia publish regarding injuries.

Let's go for it in every competiton.

As Marvin Gaye would say "Let's get it on"

Let the others worry about us.

Champions League because until we win it, we'll never truly be classed as a major European force. If we'd already won the CL then it'd be the Premier League every time because that's our bread and butter.

CL title, it's the one we need to bring us close to level with the 'big 3'.

Not to mention we have strengthened significantly this year with the likely hope this quality will boost our chances. It means a lot to most players as well.

If it's a Fairy Godmother question, then the PL. In all honesty we should be winning the PL this season, as everybody else is dross, with the possible exception of Arsenal, if they could convert more of their chances. Chelsea are already out of it, and United are shite. If we missed out on it, a CL win wouldn't be much compensation for letting a shit team beat us to the PL title, in my opinion.
If we were currently in Chelsea's position, I'd take the CL and 2nd in the league. As would they, I suspect!

Being the best team in the Premier league is one thing, but being the best team in Europe is another. From a purely aspirational/achievement point of view, winning the Champions League is a different accomplishment. You have to do well over 38 games to win the league, but really to win the Champion's League you only have to 'win' a minimum of what? 4 games? assuming you get to the last 16. I'm not diminishing it at all, but it's a strange dynamic to win a trophy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.