Liverpool (N) | Community Shield | Post-Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the game told us that we need a left back. We can't rely on Grealish on the left if he isn't being overlapped by a left footed left back who can cross thr ball. Sad to say it but something in the mould of Robertson, the prick.

I don't think we were half as bad as I've seen some make out, though.
Foden + Cucurella on that left side would take us to another level.

List of threads that we can expect in the next 9 months:

Positives to be taken from todays defeat
FFS
Grealish cost 100million
Overreactions to todays performance
Pep overthinks it again
We should of signed a left back
Is Haaland really all that?
Fuck the family stand, they are responsible for the bad atmosphere
Can we win the league again?
I don’t think so, don’t get me wrong he’ll score a shitload for us, and he’s got strengths and weakness though like all players, on the plus side he’s young.

Def want to stick KDB back to RCM and play Bernie off Haaland. Much more suited to cleaning up possession around our battle cruiser. KDB is like a powerboat with a rocket launcher. Bernie is a bunch of guys two up on jetskis, armed with machine guns and grenades. You send the cruiser in to smash the lines. The enemy regroup and start looking to pester it and evade the big guns. "Send out the Jetski Squad, take out those small craft!" Ffftftftft! Ehehehehehehe! *machine gun noises*.

Then you send the powerboat through from behind the lines, and he gets close to land takes the target out with his big weapon! Nyaaaw! Vrrooom! Kerplowsch! Fffft.... BOOM!

(I may have watched one too many Bond films. Also Speed 2 - Cruise Control.)
I enjoy this more than I should fella....

Maybe be not the place to post this but even after defeat I like the idea of maybe moving this pre-season game around the country I think it’d work. Different location every year would bring this to something different for all fans.
Basically away from bloody Wembley. Could make it a proper weekend out , Leeds , Newcastle, Birmingham, Sheffield, Sunderland, Bristol..could be different. Only a thought.

No major issues from today. It was an even game, we were just slightly rustier and against a very dangerous side. We start a bit undercooked and then kick on as the season progresses.

The best start we ever had under Pep was 16/17 when we won our first six games. That ended up being our worst ever season under him. Our worst ever start under Pep finished with a cup double and Champions League final.

Sometimes that's just how football goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.