Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Nicky and Fitzroy didn’t exactly set the world alight in Blue, but Michael and Kevin have to be up there with some of the best acquisitions this club has made.
I actually liked Simpson as a player though I accept I seem to be in a minority on that score
Nicky never coped with the weight of his surname at City but had a very good career at Sunderland afterwards

A good laugh from Liverpool sub in Reddit:

-------------------------------------------------

Honestly, I miss the days of the 2000s and early 2010s where a season could finish and the winners could have 80 points.

This bollocks of getting 90 points and losing is fucking ridiculous. I mean we’re all practically giving up because we’ve lost 2 games. 2 fucking losses puts you out of the running now. Absolute cock.

You know how they say leagues go up and down in quality? E.g 20 or so years ago serie A was probably the top European league, corruption wrecks the gaff, and now they’re coming back up from a low point. Oil money is what’s going to push the prem down that slope.

I’m not saying the league as a whole is doomed but unless there’s a rule or limit of some kind put in place about the ridiculous money of these clubs, we are probably looking at at least 5-10 seasons of the prem being a farmers league, city winning every year with one or two upsets from us and Chelsea.

I’ve always kind of relied on big money billionaire teams not knowing how to actually spend that money, but pep has done away with any hope for that, the mans a bloody genius (unfortunately).

Ultimately, I think city and Chelsea and Newcastle having as much money as they do is a disgrace, and there should certainly be limitations.

Anyway, thank you for reading my long, angry, stupid rant.

---------------------------------------------------

I dont know why everyone is writing lfc off, they'll be back to fight for the title this season, Klopp isnt a poor manager. Liverpools owners seem to be atrocious though, they could spend and match us toe to toe but they're yanks with 'returns' and 'dividends' to cater for
Next year is their year lah

Honestly, I miss the days of the 2000s and early 2010s where a season could finish and the winners could have 80 points.

This bollocks of getting 90 points and losing is fucking ridiculous. I mean we’re all practically giving up because we’ve lost 2 games. 2 fucking losses puts you out of the running now. Absolute cock.

You know how they say leagues go up and down in quality? E.g 20 or so years ago serie A was probably the top European league, corruption wrecks the gaff, and now they’re coming back up from a low point. Oil money is what’s going to push the prem down that slope.

I’m not saying the league as a whole is doomed but unless there’s a rule or limit of some kind put in place about the ridiculous money of these clubs, we are probably looking at at least 5-10 seasons of the prem being a farmers league, city winning every year with one or two upsets from us and Chelsea.

I’ve always kind of relied on big money billionaire teams not knowing how to actually spend that money, but pep has done away with any hope for that, the mans a bloody genius (unfortunately).

Ultimately, I think city and Chelsea and Newcastle having as much money as they do is a disgrace, and there should certainly be limitations.

Well he's partilally self aware enough to realise a) he's ranting, b) it's a lengthy rant and c) it's stupid. That, alone puts him in the top 0.1% of contributors to Reddit.

He wasn’t talking about them conceding how good we were, he was very clear about them conceding the title race, which is entirely different - and an utterly spineless thing to do before the turn of the year with 54 points to play for, especially when they have so many players who are the best in the world in their position.
Bluesince88 has a pretty low opinion of most blues tbf! Haha!
I know we've had a few potential reincarnations of pigeono but this one is my best guess..

Maybe he shouldn't have relied on his own billionaire owners spending and operating badly...and actually call them out on it.

They can’t stop being cultist thickos can they?

It’s every day, it’s everywhere, it’s incessant…

He says all that yet Liverpool didn’t win a single title in the 2000s or 2010s so I have no idea why he’s bringing up those two decades.

He says all that yet their current points trajectory would only get them to 82 points come the end of the season and that would have only won them 2 titles in the last 20 years.

And as I’ve pointed out today around their obsession with “oil money”; City have spent significantly less money through the whole of Pep’s reign than the TV revenue and incoming transfer fees so “oil” doesn’t even come into it.

It’s a “disgrace” the amount of money that City Chelsea and Newcastle have got despite none of these clubs earning as much as Liverpool do therefore none of them actually have the money Liverpool do. It’s just that Liverpool’s owner wants to make himself richer rather than investing the money Liverpool earn into the squad like City do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oil wealth or any other kind is rendered immaterial by FFP. That is the limiting factor he asks for.
Fact is, many clubs are poorly run, or used as cash cows. Much bigger factors in lack of success for several big clubs.
@Prestwich_Blue 's analysis of the top 6 shows poor management even when allied to high spend will cause failure as is the case for the rags.
Oh, and you can't ask Pep to stop being brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.