Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be exhausting to have to constantly sail against the wind.

If ‘sailing against the wind on here’, your words not mine then its only because its about Liverpool and a Liverpool player.

If people want to kid themselves that its a bad thing one of the top forwards in world football, to sign for another three years as opposed to either leaving along with Mane or alternatively, our rivals dealing with the insecurity of a player running into the last year of his contract, crack on.

Not sure how serious this is.

Salah was already there. They haven't added him. They've lost Mane, one of their most crucial game winners, and brought in a promising striker who is utterly untested at the top level. They've also apparently smashed their delicate wage structure to keep Salah around, quite possibly causing dressing room unrest. By what possible metric do they "look a lot stronger going into next year"?

Not sure how serious my post is?

Ok then explain exactly what you know which confirms liverpools wage structure is delicate and in what way is it delicate?

Quite possibly causing player unrest? Again what do you know about the individual players, their attitudes to wages differences, to believe it will cause unrest.

I presume you think Haalands wages may effect our delicate wage structure and potentially cause player unrest also?

I think Diaz will have benefitted from the previous 6 months and they have brought a decent striker in to replace Firmino who’s star seems to be fading and a kid from Fulham who looks very talented.

Mane I agree is a big loss but they seem to have a lot of forward options now with Nunez, Salah resigning, Diaz, Jota and Firmino as back up, for years they relied on the same three and last year never really had a main striker. For the record when I said a lot stronger that was in the context of the possibility of him leaving, but probably poorly worded on my behalf.

Last edited:
No one is questioning that Salah isn't a great player but what we are questioning is the finances involved.

Liverpool have completely smashed their wage structure and have almost doubled his wages. You don't think players like Van Dijk ect are going to be on the phone to their agents asking for parity?

Just like the rags in 2010 when they smashed their wage structure to keep Rooney Liverpool have left themselves exposed to players demanding what they want.

They already have the 5th highest wage bill in world football and I would imagine by the end of next season they will be higher.

FSG are used to low balling in business and this is Uncharted Territory for them

That is a fair point and thanks for the reasoned response.

To be honest I think Van Dijk will probably ask for more in his next contract negotiations but that is the nature of giving contracts to top players in world football.

We have done the same with Haaland and although the gap might not be as great there will be a few in the squad who might think, Ive been here x amount of years, helped the club win all these trophies and yet a new player walks in and gets double the money. There might be the odd grumble but I think players deal with this all the time, and many might have benefitted at other times in their career.

Its football the way it is and a consequence of keeping/attracting the best players.

I think the same arguments could be made for us buying Haaland, but as he has signed for City and Salah has resigned for Liverpool its being viewed differently.

Liverpool have had the best out of Salah and his time is up, stupid to give him £400.000 a week for 3 seasons
this is why chasing teams fail and Manchester city keep one step ahead

Manchester city know the value of a player and what he brings to the table, not many demand a wage increase and get it. The player would be out the door at Salah age asking for £400.000 and rightly so
KdB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.