Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that Bony squared, or Bony mark two?
haha indeed makes a big difference
although they look similar I feel Lukaku is a very different player
Bony good at the hold-up game, Lukaku heavy first touch.
Bony hesitant finisher, Lukaku absolute killer.
Bony hesitant alltogether, Lukaku oozes confidence.
Bony dreadful header, Lukaku very good.
Personally I'd rate Lukaku a bit higher, but that first touch though...

With the new TV deal and the amount of money even the midtable sides are going to be getting, I'd be amazed if any of those players went for less than £40m, £50m isn't a stretch at all (except for Barkley). There is just no reason for Everton to sell for less than that, they will have an absolute shit load of cash anyway and no matter how much money they have they won't be able to buy a similar replacement. £50m might get you a De Bruyne from Germany, but a De Bruyne caliber player won't want to go to a midtable team like Everton, even if they can afford it. The money becomes a bit pointless as you can't really do much with it (like Liverpool and Spurs with the Suarez/Bale money). It's easier to keep hold of the players. The only reason Everton would sell any of them is because the player forces them to and even then they would make people pay through the nose. The value in the Premier League is only going to get worse and worse as the teams get more and more TV money.
Spot on imo.

With the new TV deal and the amount of money even the midtable sides are going to be getting, I'd be amazed if any of those players went for less than £40m, £50m isn't a stretch at all (except for Barkley). There is just no reason for Everton to sell for less than that, they will have an absolute shit load of cash anyway and no matter how much money they have they won't be able to buy a similar replacement. £50m might get you a De Bruyne from Germany, but a De Bruyne caliber player won't want to go to a midtable team like Everton, even if they can afford it. The money becomes a bit pointless as you can't really do much with it (like Liverpool and Spurs with the Suarez/Bale money). It's easier to keep hold of the players. The only reason Everton would sell any of them is because the player forces them to and even then they would make people pay through the nose. The value in the Premier League is only going to get worse and worse as the teams get more and more TV money.
Very well summed up.

Lukaku? Jesus, can't we try and be a bit more creative with suggestions?
Stones is playing well, he's young and English so let's buy him!
Barkley is playing well, he's young and English so let's buy him too!

Let's do what Liverpool did to Southampton - prise their best players from them - that worked out well didn't it

Starting to sound like rags fans here. Football shouldn't be about buying the best in-form players, it should be about nurturing the talent and getting the best out of your existing players and promoting from within. We're not exactly struggling up front, aren't we amongst the top scorers in the league?

F### it, I'm off to support Neverton

(Sorry OP, don't take it personally)

Still assuming your role as a de facto Mod with great alacrity, jim. Good too see.
Did you not hear? Boy, are some of you troublemakers in for a shock in the near future! If you think some of the current mods are bad, wait til I get warmed up. For a start, anybody with a username incorporating a City player (PAST or present) is toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.