Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you not hear? Boy, are some of you troublemakers in for a shock in the near future! If you think some of the current mods are bad, wait til I get warmed up. For a start, anybody with a username incorporating a City player (PAST or present) is toast.
I enjoy diplomatic immunity from the Mods, jim. I'm sure it'll all be covered in your debriefing :-)

I agree he would just be another Bony for us.
I'll say again what I just said in my mistakenly created new Lukaku thread.
Although they look similar I actually think Bony & Lukaku are two quite different strikers:
- Bony good at the hold-up game vs Lukaku heavy first touch
- Consequently Bony better suited for lone striker role & Lukaku better for two striker formation (as with Koné now at Everton)
- Bony hesitant finisher, Lukaku absolute killer
- Lukaku good header, Bony dreadful.
With Lukaku you could try a Agüero - Lukaku partnership ... still worried about that first touch though, even if he seems to have improved massively this season.

I enjoy diplomatic immunity from the Mods, jim. I'm sure it'll all be covered in your debriefing :-)
That's odd, your name isn't on the "untouchable" list. Tell you what I'll do (because I'm a bloody good bloke actually); the new mod team are having a few cocktails and canapés this evening. I'll bring up your situation in the "any other business" bit at the end of the meeting.

That's odd, your name isn't on the "untouchable" list. Tell you what I'll do (because I'm a bloody good bloke actually); the new mod team are having a few cocktails and canapés this evening. I'll bring up your situation in the "any other business" bit at the end of the meeting.
can i come please, il bring mini sausage roles...

haha indeed makes a big difference
although they look similar I feel Lukaku is a very different player
Bony good at the hold-up game, Lukaku heavy first touch.
Bony hesitant finisher, Lukaku absolute killer.
Bony hesitant alltogether, Lukaku oozes confidence.
Bony dreadful header, Lukaku very good.
Personally I'd rate Lukaku a bit higher, but that first touch though...

Dreadful header?

Everton plays really to the strenghts of Lukaku. His passing abbilety is not Lukaku's strong point, so Everton rather will play to lukaku at the very end of an attack rather than using him much in the buildup game and that works rather well for them, but i don't think we would addapt our style of play so much for Lukaku and that he would need to be able to help in the buildup too.

Love the guy though, as a Belgian thats fairly obvious i guess, i hope he develops towards being a more complete striker though than being the specialized targetman. Just needs a lot of work on his passing for that, the rest is pretty much all there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.