Manchester’s Changing Skyline

Apparently construction costs in Manchester are one of the highest in the world.

C6832546-D981-4828-9D89-B4B075BADEC7.jpeg

You can download the report. Just fill in your details.

EF3310BF-CAFE-463B-833F-1DF073A83FC8.jpeg

Hoping for a break in the weather so I can get out with my new camera and wide angle lens.

Apparently construction costs in Manchester are one of the highest in the world.

View attachment 76449

You can download the report. Just fill in your details.

View attachment 76450

Beating out the likes of LA, Tokyo, Chicago, and Christchurch is some feat, they are all bloody expensive to do anything in, much less build.

Beating out the likes of LA, Tokyo, Chicago, and Christchurch is some feat, they are all bloody expensive to do anything in, much less build.

True.

And yet money is still pouring into the city to develop more buildings.

Nearly £700mill just for the Coop Live Arena and North stand expansion.

True.

And yet money is still pouring into the city to develop more buildings.

Nearly £700mill just for the Coop Live Arena and North stand expansion.
Happy for the expansion but much of the other in flooding of investment is primarily speculation. Hope Manchester weathers the global economic downturn better than other areas.

I’ve been really disappointed with the quality of the look of it all. I don’t think it is up to the standards of what I think is the best run sports club in the world or up to the standards of other things the Sheikh/Abu Dhabi have put their hands/money to.

The interior of the stadium looks good, the expanded tier and what that’ll look like when inside the stadium. But I just don’t really like much about the exterior stuff at all.

Having said similar myself, I Can see what they were trying to do. And the idea itself is imo not a bad one at all. Don't think it would take much to make a substantial difference. There is time yet and a long way to go, once approved. But as a public we can only comment on the images as they are.

Aliva UK - Twitter

Swan House

Over 10,000m2 of our A1 EWI clay brickslip system is being installed within offset panels to the full height of this fantastic scheme that’s looking brilliant with our traditional Manchester Smooth Red slips.

DA42B749-5079-4331-9FA5-6D88F34A2E8F.jpeg

75EDD7DD-80DD-4F90-94A1-BF2CA3929EE3.jpeg

1E1EB8DA-E744-4AB1-823F-F3ECAC3A6DF0.jpeg

10318C7D-E8D0-40CB-8308-066DCECFC505.jpeg

8C20DD03-39C7-4593-954B-98DF91F968DA.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.