Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just listening to the Monday Night Club on 5live and one of the topics they will cover is are we too dominant.
Micah is on so hopefully he'll fight our corner.

As we have all said many times... we NEVER heard such spouted when the Rags were dominant, nor the scousers prior ...

I can't get my head around how Dixon thinks, how can anybody who claims to have been a City fan wish defeat on us.
It amounts to treason, how could you turn your back on your club ( I know money talks ) could never have been a proper fan, it's like that prick Conn, why go after your own club, why give the enemy ammunition.
We have few friends in the media so why do so called blues join in, you never see an ex dipper or dipper supporting journalist go after them with all the shit and tricks they've done down the years.
I could be completely wrong but I suspect for Dixon, and lots of other ex pros in the pundit business, football holds little interest for them now. Get in, do your bit, go home, forget about it until the next time you're being paid to think about it. I'd be amazed if Lee ever went to the Emirates to watch Arsenal unless it was part of a corporate, hospitality role which he was contracted to do. That's not being critical, having lived the game as players I can see why it wouldn't hold the same appeal once they've hung their boots up.

I genuinely don't know why we attribute any importance to these twitter, facebook, podcast warriors. If they cannot see the beauty in our football, if they don't understand how great it is to be able to play in a team where every member of that team is regularly involved in the team's play, yes even our keeper, how wonderfully skilled our players are, what incredible creative goals we produce then quite simply they just don't understand the game. They are blinded to our brilliance by their parochial loyalties. I remember my dad told me he went to Maine Road in 1952 and watched a friendly City v River Plate. What he saw blew him away, mesmeric skills, passing on the floor on a difficult pitch every Argentinian player comfortable in possession, sound familiar? He saw the great Barca team before he died and he said playing against them must make you dizzy and confused, in his opinion the ultimate football team. Sadly he passed away before Pep arrived but I know full well how he would have drooled. God we are so lucky!!

RAWK has taken the same view as you, because they can't see the wood for the trees. On the surface this is a fawning article, clever in a school boy debating kind of way because it states the obvious, that we're a bloody good football team, a product of a real project with planning and finance to match our owners ambitions. Yet never far away there is a reference to how this has been achieved, the "happy coincidence so many Emirates-based independent entities have been drawn to the City brand"....."a champion club owned by a country". References to the on going PL investigation in to our finances and so on.

But most damning of all and the real point of the article is....

"it is all startlingly efficient, with something of the machine-for-winning in the way City have reduced the league season to an irresistible formula"

Ronay's objective is to highlight how insidious we are, how by nefarious means we have constructed a soulless machine-for-winning "sport reduced to a fine point – high-end and cold-eyed"

I repeat, this is the nub of the article....

"City have reduced the league season to an irresistible formula"

I repeat again...

"City have reduced the league"

Ronay wants his readers to be in no doubt that City's success is not a good thing for the Premier League. The whole point of the article is to highlight that among our many crimes, the greatest of them all is that we've hammered the final nail in the coffin of fair play, competitiveness and jumpers for goal posts.
I guess there are different ways of viewing things and perhaps I am guilty of your implied criticism of not seeing the woods for the trees. On the other hand, maybe you’re implying motivations on others as wrongly as you are implying them on me. Who knows?

I genuinely don't know why we attribute any importance to these twitter, facebook, podcast warriors. If they cannot see the beauty in our football, if they don't understand how great it is to be able to play in a team where every member of that team is regularly involved in the team's play, yes even our keeper, how wonderfully skilled our players are, what incredible creative goals we produce then quite simply they just don't understand the game. They are blinded to our brilliance by their parochial loyalties. I remember my dad told me he went to Maine Road in 1952 and watched a friendly City v River Plate. What he saw blew him away, mesmeric skills, passing on the floor on a difficult pitch every Argentinian player comfortable in possession, sound familiar? He saw the great Barca team before he died and he said playing against them must make you dizzy and confused, in his opinion the ultimate football team. Sadly he passed away before Pep arrived but I know full well how he would have drooled. God we are so lucky!!
Great post mate, puts these so called journalists to shame trying to tell us and anybody else that we’re watching boring robotic football.

I'm just listening to the Monday Night Club on 5live and one of the topics they will cover is are we too dominant.
Micah is on so hopefully he'll fight our corner.
Just listened to some of this. Who was that tool called Chris that was arguing with Micah about how much we have spent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.