Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's clear the club's approach is if players are impacted they act quite quickly such as Vieira, Silva and Walker.

When the shit is directed at the club i.e. not personal, they treat the perpetrator like a crackhead taking to a lamppost. There has been the odd occasion when they've had a word but they're few and far between.

It can be a little infuriating sometimes especially when the shit is myopic and hypocritical but if it comes from self-important no marks you can understand why they don't care. That said when the perpetrator has a wider reach due to their job as opposed to Twitter lunatics I do think a private reminder via solicitors wouldn't go amiss

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, that platform was a lose lose for him and any City fan.

Any blue who tried to defend our financial operations in that environment would be made out to be some crackpot City, fundamentalist with his head buried in the sand by the likes of Neville, Spitty and the other uninformed fans next to him, like that brum rag, who had a snide dig himself.

That is then damaging to his own ‘brand’ & the content which he produces, which is then hijacked by dipper and United bots in comment sections etc. It’s a vicious cycle and the way of the modern world.

For me, any alluding to (or in Neville’s case out right saying) that City’s commercial revenues are built on false, inflated contracts are seriously libellous claims, and failing evidence to back said claims, should be dealt with by the clubs legal department, not it’s fans.
Spot on, nail on head, why do the club not show more teeth on our constant snide degradation? Show some balls City, I've waited years for us to be up there but now the MSM make us 50+ Blues feel like pariahs, sometimes I long for Div 1

Absolutely bizarre to have a go at Steven IMO. What do you realistically want him to do? He's there to ask questions regarding the football side and rowing with Neville over football finances (a topic he's on record saying bores him) just isn't worth it.

It's more on club to put a complaint in than one supporter, especially when it's not an area of expertise, in front of a panel and guests that aren't experts.

No he’s there because he’s invited & continually invited back & they know they can get away with saying what they want unchallenged & then it becomes truth.

I put my views on this forum & understand that I am inviting criticism & I’m ok with it.

You go on TV it’s the same & if he does take advice from PB like has been offered he’ll have 1 or 2 comebacks. Living where I do I’m often the only City fan in the pub & this forum & experts that engage with it have allowed me to destroy blokes shouting shit about finances.

Last edited:
BBC News on 2 now, some bloke called Tom Kerridge, apparently became famous when he worked with Marcus Rashford !
Tom Kerridge has two Michelin stars.
I’d wager that already makes him infinitely more successful, talented and decorated at his chosen profession than Lord Five-goal Fishfingers of Ashton-on-Mersey

No he’s there because he’s invited & continually invited back & they know they can get away with saying what they want unchallenged & then it becomes truth.

I put my views on this forum & understand that I am inviting criticism & I’m ok with it.

You go on TV it’s the same & if he does take advice from PB like has been offered he’ll have 1 or 2 comebacks. Living where I do I’m often the only City fan in the pub & this forum & experts that engage with it have allowed me to destroy blokes shouting shit about finances.

Everything is politics.

I know that sounds pretentious, but clearly the club has chosen not to confront all this bullshit head on.

This isn't new, the public face of our club has barely changed from day one of the takeover. City almost certainly do things behind the scenes of which we know nothing and our strategy towards our enemies/competitors may have changed over time, but we'll never know, because our club is inscrutable.

It's impossible as a City fan to know what the fuck is going on inside the politics of Premier League and European football, coz the only thing we see as fans is knownothings like Neville spouting their bullshit, seemingly unchallenged and it makes our blood boil.

But the proof of the pudding is in the eating, we win trophies every year, we are one of the best teams in the world and commercially we are doing very well indeed. Our enemies are failing and we are succeeding, despite all the shit we're doing fine, in fact we're doing more than fine.

The anti City narrative has gone on so long now that clearly the club is either comfortable with it or feels powerless to change it, either way it means jack shit in the scheme of things, we're clearly not interested in entertaining their narrative.

Given this, Steven's boredom/ignorance of our finances might just be the ticket.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.