Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
"A football club is the sum of the stories it tells about itself. This will go down in lore, adding to the belief that anything is possible. They will talk about it, write about it, sing about it. Guardiola's team have done many things. They had never before done this."

Thats from Sky report. And very true.

City have had some less salubrious moments OFF the pitch this season, including asking a paedophile to gaslight his victims in the High Court. But look at the silverware! Four PL titles in five years; six in 11 years. Love the glory; look away from the rest
The club really need to do something about that statement, don’t they ?

Sky have a real agenda against us, so much more than the BBC can be arsed with. With Sky its billions in lost revenue.
I'm not usually one to find offence in everything Sky say about us but the arsehole on SSN right now was talking about the parade last night. He hesitated before saying "hundreds lined the streets". Hundreds??? GTF.

I'm not usually one to find offence in everything Sky say about us but the arsehole on SSN right now was talking about the parade last night. He hesitated before saying "hundreds lined the streets". Hundreds??? GTF.
I noticed that, i think it was on repeat this morning.

A bit of a shout out to the sports editor of the Waikato Times. In the last few weeks Liverpool's antics (results) have received big coverage whilst we got a miserly little column inch per game. Today they focused on us and our victory.

On reflection the scouse loving person may not have turned up for work being so pissed off and some one else did the report. So perhaps I should rescind that first comment.

The early morning radio led thesports section with Manchester was blue for the CHAMPIONS parade. And we featured on the TV News at lunchtime.

Just going off topic ...........................

I have captured so many video clips of the game and celebrations that I need to buy ANOTHER external drive for my PC. And the bubbly keeps flowing in our TRUE BLUE house.

Just remember this cracker from the media ( before we made it 4 from 5 ) " Manchester City and liverpool have shared the title for the last 4 seasons " Now correct me if I am wrong but if I shared 4 beers with a mate and I only got 1 wouldn't you be a tad disaappointed!
Can I be your mate?

Why are large portion of the media still trying to push this City AND Liverpool dominating English football narrative? City have won 4 of the last 5 titles. 6 of the last 11. Of the other 5 seasons only Chelsea have won it more than once.

There is no City AND Liverpool dominating English football. There is no Liverpool stopping City dominating English football. There is just City.
This corker from The Athletic’s Data Analytics writer, no less, Mark Carey, from about 02:46.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-athletic-football-podcast/id1488521447?i=1000563208208

Carey trots out the familiar statistic of Manchester City and Liverpool having picked up 358 and 357 points respectively in the last four seasons, whilst omitting from his ‘analysis’ (which is actually not analysis at all, but merely simple addition) the fact that in the last five seasons, all of which have been contested in full by both Guardiola’s City and Klopp’s Liverpool, City are 26 points clear of Liverpool. The ‘data analyst’ actually omitting our 100-point season, because it didn’t fit the narrative.

Analyse 4 titles v 1. Close, it ain’t.

We could go back quite some time before the points balance tips into Liverpool’s favour. But using the start of the first season both current managers were in charge seems the only useful point of comparison.

Why are large portion of the media still trying to push this City AND Liverpool dominating English football narrative? City have won 4 of the last 5 titles. 6 of the last 11. Of the other 5 seasons only Chelsea have won it more than once.

There is no City AND Liverpool dominating English football. There is no Liverpool stopping City dominating English football. There is just City.
I don't like the "City and Liverpool dominating" but in any sport great champions are usually defined by having great rivals. Utds dominance of the Premier league in the 90's will not be regarded as great era because there was no real long term rivalry. By leaving Liverpool in the conversation as a great team makes our near complete domination of them even greater.

Heard that…. He said he always feels safe at Anfield! Clearly forgotten the bus wrecking incident… mind you didn’t Wolves fans stick the useless twat on eBay!
He's obviously never been in the away end as a fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.