People on here who are against drugs...

Matty said:
twinkletoes said:
What you say is totally without foundation.

1. It was found that while 41% of 15-year-olds in the UK had tried cannabis, with 24% using the drug. In Holland 29% had tried the drug, while 15% had used it.

2. More regulation as to what goes into the drugs together with better advice will actually reduce the number of people needing treatment.

1. You're taking drug use and it's legality and assuming those are the only two devisive factors in the argument. I'm sure there are hundreds of differences between the teenage population of the UK and thta of Holland that those figures make no attempt to include in their analysis. Poverty level has an influence in drug use for one. Cannabis is illegal in the UK so I'm sure it's more "cool" for a 15 year old to admit using it here than in Holland, even when you actually haven't. Plus cannabis is ONE drug, that's not all encompassing. Anyone can take statistics and use them to prove they're right, even when they have polar opposite opinions.

2. That's not an answer is it, that's a different issue entirely. You're saying that better research into drugs would lead to less problems. I'm saying that if you've got 1,000 people using drugs and get 10 medical issues then by having 10,000 using you're going to get more than 10 medical issues. Anyway, people, on a fairly regular basis, find themselves needing hospital treatement for addiction to, and side effects from, perscription drugs.

Everything you say either backs up my argument or is based on your own assumptions.

Matty said:
twinkletoes said:
What you say is totally without foundation.

1. It was found that while 41% of 15-year-olds in the UK had tried cannabis, with 24% using the drug. In Holland 29% had tried the drug, while 15% had used it.

2. More regulation as to what goes into the drugs together with better advice will actually reduce the number of people needing treatment.

1. You're taking drug use and it's legality and assuming those are the only two devisive factors in the argument. I'm sure there are hundreds of differences between the teenage population of the UK and thta of Holland that those figures make no attempt to include in their analysis. Poverty level has an influence in drug use for one. Cannabis is illegal in the UK so I'm sure it's more "cool" for a 15 year old to admit using it here than in Holland, even when you actually haven't. Plus cannabis is ONE drug, that's not all encompassing. Anyone can take statistics and use them to prove they're right, even when they have polar opposite opinions.

2. That's not an answer is it, that's a different issue entirely. You're saying that better research into drugs would lead to less problems. I'm saying that if you've got 1,000 people using drugs and get 10 medical issues then by having 10,000 using you're going to get more than 10 medical issues. Anyway, people, on a fairly regular basis, find themselves needing hospital treatement for addiction to, and side effects from, perscription drugs.

I thought weed was only legal in Amsterdam, and not Holland on a whole? Which should be included 'to make it a fair test' ;)

twinkletoes said:
Matty said:

Everything you say either backs up my argument or is based on your own assumptions.

So your saying that the population of Holland and the UK are EXACTLY THE SAME in every possible way? Because that's the only way a comparison like the one above can be used, categorically, to make a point. Researchers are renowned for doing 'studies' that don't take into account all factors as to do so would diminsh their findings.

The only reason what I say backs up your argument is because you're either:-

1 - Refusing to see what I'm saying out of stubbornness.

2 - Not understanding what I'm saying.

3 - Warping what I'm saying the fit your own views.

4 - Basically being a dick, kind of like you original response to my post.

twinkletoes said:
I thought weed was only legal in Amsterdam, and not Holland on a whole? Which should be included 'to make it a fair test' ;)

My son lives in Holland - Cannabis is legal all over the country there but they do have a different lifestyle in a lot of respects. Theirs tends to be very family centered with a lot of emphasis on healthy exercise, while they do drink in clubs and bars they don't have pubs like us. They also go out a lot more as a whole family and the exercise thing lasts well into old age - my son's father in law at 80+ still goes out rowing on the canals every day.

It's important to distinguish between drug users and drug addicts.

I enjoy using certain substances but not at the expense of other aspects of my life.

I'd simply rather spend a night stoned or tripping than pissed up, looking for a fight and throwing up all over myself.

I do drink but it's expensive and being drunk is the worst of all possible highs.

One problem people have with mind expanding drugs such as acid or peyote etc is that we're conditioned to believe just one truth whereas acid opens up our full human potential and we're confused by that.

I'd advise my own kids, if I had any, to stay away from alcohol, heroin and crack. I'd tell them the truth about drugs and let them experiment to find what works for them.

Alcohol isn't a drug, it's a drink. If you wanted to eat space cake every night then i'd have no problem with that, but if you were smoking it i'd tell you you were a layabout thieving smackhead.

Immaculate Pasta said:
Alcohol isn't a drug, it's a drink. If you wanted to eat space cake every night then i'd have no problem with that, but if you were smoking it i'd tell you you were a layabout thieving smackhead.

So if I smoke a joint I'm a 'layabout, thieving smackhead' but if I eat the same drug I'm ok? How does that work?

Alcohol may as well be a drug, it does the same thing but not as good on the plus side and wrecks lives equally as well as smack.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.