Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's not many players on that lyon team who would even make it into our squad nevermind first eleven. We were destroyed by a former celtic player who came on as a sub.

It's just such a weird point to make. I'd understand if we got knocked out by Bayern or even lost the final to PSG. But we just embarrassed ourselves against an inferior squad.

Give us the thing we lack - legs, energy, workrate, pace. If you judge Bernardo just on his goals or assists you’re missing his main attributes. If we play Rodri/Fernandinho/Garcia/Gundo in the middle spine we can’t afford players like Mahrez in front of them.

It was all played out in front of us. It doesn’t take a genius to work out what the difference was between last night and 8 days previously.
I'd rather bring someone on to try and get us a goal, like Mahrez, than a guy woefully out of form who can run around a lot.

For 1 I would have brought Foden on and 2 where was Mahrez’ super duper trickery? Was it just coincidence that once Mahrez came on we became a lot more susceptible to the counter?

well he provided a attacking outlet. We looked more threatening when he came on ?

I'd rather bring someone on to try and get us a goal, like Mahrez, than a guy woefully out of form who can run around a lot.
He did bring him on, I think he made one pass in the whole 40 odd minutes he was on the pitch. Why not bring on Bernardo who can make things happen.
I wish Pep would stop being so stubborn and make quick changes when they're needed instead of scratching his head and spitting every 30 seconds when things aren't going to plan.

I can’t get over the team selection. How does Pep continually get it wrong in big games?

The worst thing is in the post match interview he doesn’t admit any fault. Said the last 15-20 minutes of first half we played well.

He will continue to experiment like this.

He finally changed it when Mahrez came on but too late and wrong sub. Then he doesn’t make another sub until the 84th minute. Wtf is he doing?

Like when we were losing 1-0 to Spurs in the CL and Pep brought on Sané and De Bruyne in the 89th minute. Wtf?

We won’t win the CL with Pep unfortunately. I just hope Pep doesn’t continue to insist on playing Rodri and Gundogan together because if he does we might as well say goodbye to the league next season regardless of who we bring in.

Last edited:
He did bring him on, I think he made one pass in the whole 40 odd minutes he was on the pitch. Why not bring on Bernardo who can make things happen.
I wish Pep would stop being so stubborn and make quick changes when they're needed instead of scratching his head and spitting every 30 seconds when things aren't going to plan.
My point is Bernardo has not made anything happen this season, I think you're underestimating how bad he's been this season. I'm not advocating bringing mahrez on either. I think Foden would have been the best bet, he has the energy of Bernardo but offers more of a threat and isn't in a year long slump.
Ultimately though we just didn't turn up and that's on Pep for changing the system and the players for shitting the bed and putting in an arsenal performance. I don't think any one sub would have made much of a difference to be honest, so this discussion is a bit pointless in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.