Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the few things we disagree on.

Anyway, it's all down to one game.

At the moment, I don't care how much anyone has been over or underplayed this season.
I'd still give 100% if I had two broken legs to beat Villa on Sunday, and I'm sure every player will be thinking the same.
The holidays start on Sunday night - With City as Champions again!

I'll bet my house we agree on that.

:-)

At the moment, I don't care how much anyone has been over or underplayed this season.
I'd still give 100% if I had two broken legs to beat Villa on Sunday, and I'm sure every player will be thinking the same.
The holidays start on Sunday night - With City as Champions again!

I'll bet my house we agree on that.

:-)
We do, but I think we'll blow it - just the way I'm programmed unfortunately

True, but given that Pep has failed to win the CL with two of the best squads in Europe at the time, I think it reasonable to assume that he's not been doing something quite right.

Klopp seems to have the edge on Pep when it comes to European club football. I'd probably say the same about Carlo Ancelotti.

Pep is the best coach, but he seems to overthink when it comes to the crunch in the CL.
It comes to the personality of the 3 coaches, and I'd say while Klopp sends out lots of strengths and belief, and Ancelotti is extremely calm, Pep is close to a nervous wreck when it comes to crunch time.
All those attributes are being transferred to their players, that's the way social groups are working. Subconsciously.

Pep said after the late semi disaster that Ancelotti is a master of controlling his emotions (EDIT: maybe Pep has read Ancelotti's book 'Quiet leadership')
and that shows Pep (naturally) is aware of his own behaviour. But he is what he is, it won't change.

I wonder if Pep's coach colleagues could have more influence on him in those situations also in terms of decisions like substitutions or instructions from the sideline, and the right body language in the right moment. Nail biting and going down on his knees if Antonio is on the break is for the fans, not for the leader. IMO.

Last edited:
Mancini lost it in that 2nd half back in 2012 somehow the players found a way despite his ravings on the line . Peps arm waving like a demented lunatic don’t particularly help nor his shocked head stroking displays . Come Sunday the players will once again have to find a way.

Mancini lost it in that 2nd half back in 2012 somehow the players found a way despite his ravings on the line . Peps arm waving like a demented lunatic don’t particularly help nor his shocked head stroking displays . Come Sunday the players will once again have to find a way.
It's always on the players to win the game but Pep puts them in the position to do so.

I am not worried, Pep and the players have been in this position before and have the experience and know-how on what it takes to win titles, so come Sunday everyone will be focused on the job in hand.

Congratulations. In his humility, he always makes play of the fact that it’s the great players that make his job easier, and in the second half today that was never more true. Might be a bit controversial, but they rather bailed him out after another questionable team selection.

I think he has a fresh challenge ahead, as the false-forward system has run it’s course, and there are players in the team who are better when they stretch their legs and run at opponents, so I’m intrigued to see how his thinking and style evolves.

Before then, however, he deserves a fine red, a fine cigar, and a well-earned rest. Thank you for yet another enthralling season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.