Pitch invasion

Didn't City make a hero of the old fella who was on the pitch the last time it happened?

It's never an excuse, no. Not all of society or football fans are civilised though mate, every club has its animals. Look at both Forest and Huddersfield last week. Both neanderthal cities and towns with a nasty undercurrent, both with unprovoked serious assaults on innocent bystanders.

The referees at the top level have no idea just how much responsibility they have. Their actions have a direct impact on fan behaviour, they are paid a lot of money for a 2 day working week. I've worked in high pressure environments, your quick decision making and dispute resolution skills must be spot on and unfortunately we've seen that Michael Oliver lets himself down on the big occasion more often than not.
man the referee having a bad game or the keeper wasting time is not an excuse in any way whatsoever. It just isnt. I understand your point.

This is 100 per cent accurate. The video is pretty conclusive. Not an assault in a million years and yet some people in the media want to twist the narrative. I wonder why?

Read the law on assault. There was an assault on the Villa keeper, and possibly on a steward. A criminal offence was committed by at least two people.

It's nothing to do with the media 'twisting the narrative', it's about unpleasant thugs carrying out a cowardly attack on an innocent person.

I did say he deserves punishment, I’d ban the guy for a full season - just think the media coverage and Gerrard’s claim of “an attack” are a little over board.

It was. But it was also inevitable after the Everton & Palace games

where have I said we have a divine right??

we have a history of pitch invasions when we win the league or get promoted. Do we not?

why do you care so much about what the media think.
Because they can’t wait to put bad news out there about us & I want to read about our successes not our moronic element of supporters

Read the law on assault. There was an assault on the Villa keeper, and possibly on a steward. A criminal offence was committed by at least two people.

It's nothing to do with the media 'twisting the narrative', it's about unpleasant thugs carrying out a cowardly attack on an innocent person.
Personally I don’t have a problem with the media calling this out and making it a bigger issue than we may or may not believe if it raises the issue so that sanctions rules can be set in the future and clubs know where they stand.

We invaded the pitch at Caernarvon in 1969 for the pre-season friendly with a Welsh XI and City brought the FA Cup round. When I say "we" there were about a dozen of us. I touched the FA Cup...
I vaguely remember the match at Bangor City a few years later which I think also involved a small pitch invasion. I was on holiday in North Wales at the time.

Like with most things in life, the truth is somewhere in the middle. The keeper was assaulted as someone put their hands on him. He wasn’t injured and nor was it intended to cause harm. But the fan is completely the wrong to push the keeper.

WAS a peaceful City tradition but in the light of current events, it’s been taken over by the louts. They’re not City fans who love the club. They love themselves & think they’re big guys. They’re not.
Still is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.