PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

My 12yr old son approached me the other day and asked if i read the news, as he had seen on social media how we cpuld be relegated....

I just quickly informed him that evertons scenario was totally different and they admitted going over the ffp threshold.

However the PL are actually trying to say that our owners, who run multi-national corporations, and deal/trade with THE biggest companies in the world have actually cooked the books since arriving!!

Yeah right PL....fucking prove it, and they best have actual proof of it (which i believe they dont) because if they havent and they still sanction our club then the repurcushions and fallout will be unlike what has ever been seen in UK Sport let alone football, and will change the landscape & governence of football forever in this country

My nieces husband a rag has trained his three year old daughter to shout DIRTY SCOUSERS whenever Liverpool is mentioned. He just has a world weary acceptance of Citys current dominance. As
he is from Fleetwood he doesnt have the same issues with local pride a Manc would have. When the dippers won the title some of their idiots drove round OT shouting abuse at rags. When the rags won the title at Goodison the police had to prevent their fans dancing a conga round Anfield. Foolish to claim their is lack of animosity between the two fan bases. Dont think this goes back that long however based on Uniteds jealousy of Liverpool in the 70s and 80s repaid with interest by the scousers in the 90s and noughties. Our denying Liverpool the title on several occasions has been the one consolation of our success according to rag friends and rellies. No doubt that Liverpool hate us also these days but think they would hate anyone better than them equally.
This 100%. Jealousy of each clubs “golden” period.

At first they didnt take City seriously (why would they) but as it now seems were on a relentless march to catch them both up, and in time surpass them. They are doing everything they can to stop us, by whatever means necessary.

They have seen the future and dont like it very much

Their new Chelsea\Norwich\rag supporting investor owns French club Nice. They are second place in the league at the moment and apparently they would displace the rags in the cl if they finished in a higher league position. Now that would be funny.
It won’t be an issue, similar to Girona qualifying wouldn’t be one for us.

Clickbait nonsesne.

I’m sure this question has been asked before but, if UEFA led by Gill and Parry et al could find us guilty of ‘cooking the books’ in their internal UEFA panel / procedure - when in actual fact they had no evidence whatsoever when they arrived as CAS - whats to stop the PL doing the same - with Gill once again in the thick of it. And why did no one at UEFA ask the question as to why they were made to look such dicks in front of CAS. Any competent or honest organisation would have reviewed its processes and procedures after that shambles. The concern here is we have no right of appeal and no genuinely independent arbitrator In the PL case.

Was that the Etihad time barred stuff or something else?
What was time-barred was any transactions that appeared in the accounts in 2011/12 & 2012/13.

The Etihad payments that CAS examined covered 2012/13, 2013/14 and 2015/16. So that first period was time-barred but that's completely irrelevant as CAS were clear that:
  1. Etihad had met its obligation under the contract.
  2. There was no problem with it being fair value.
  3. Etihad had full value from the sponsorship.
  4. ADUG did not provide any of the funds to Etihad.
Payments made in 2012/13 made absolutely no difference to that.

Etisalat was the other, and that covered both of the time-barred years. However CAS covered it fully as ADUG seemingly made the original payment but got the money back from Etisalat in 2014/2015, which wasn't outside the allowable timescale.

Again, both CAS and even UEFA were happy that there was no issue with the Etisalat contract. Etisalat had met their obligations and received fair value for that sponsorship.

Time-barring had zero impact on the outcome of the CAS case. None.

Last edited:
Discussed again yesterday by Jordan, White and Murphy, no mention of the reason the k.o. time was altered but at least Jordan had a go at Klopp's whinging. Murphy going on about the rivalry with the rags still being bigger because of the sheer hatred between them, not that anyone I know gives a shit about two clubs who don't have a great history of going head to head against each other, but it's obvious he's never witnessed the antics of his clubs feral support base live in a game against City.
The point is that it’s an early game for us as well as them so where’s the disadvantage to the moaning, bus wrecking, child maiming, piss throwing cunts?

I thought it was the home game against Bury?
Definitely Bury at home
It was John Tague from Marple who was in my school year at Marple Ridge, and a bit of a character.

The next time I saw him was in the Goyt Pub in Whaley Bridge, (after the 1-0 win at Macclesfield) the following September when he told me that despite all the media attention, he'd actually been banned from Maine Road for life.

I last saw him at Newcastle when Goater notched the winner in the snow, but I've since been informed, (funnily enough by a Bury supporter who was writing a book about the 97-98 season) that he now resides in Southport, and that despite now enjoying City's success, he prefers to have a Season Ticket at Haig Avenue.

Tony Dinning giving it the big 'un in front of the North Stand after scoring that penalty. Our derby match that season was Stock-fucking-port. Just think on that.
Oldham was the biggest match of the season for me. The away game was great. The Chaddie was full of City fans. Boom boom scored a wonder goal. Great times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.