Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Although funnily enough I was accused of being him under a different name by a couple of astute posters, whilst he seemed to be on a bit of a break one time.

It seems this town is only big enough for one person who doesn’t think the whole purpose of the existence of football is to conspire against City.

You know you still could be ....

This could all be an elaborate charade.

Although funnily enough I was accused of being him under a different name by a couple of astute posters, whilst he seemed to be on a bit of a break one time.

It seems this town is only big enough for one person who doesn’t think the whole purpose of the existence of football is to conspire against City.
I’ve tried to refrain from going down any conspiracy route and have always felt that we just suffer from really poor officials in this country.
This season is testing that though.

I’ve tried to refrain from going down any conspiracy route and have always felt that we just suffer from really poor officials in this country.
This season is testing that though.
It’s Howard Webb. He’s made VAR far worse, whilst VAR itself is undermining on field refs.

Perfect example of my point.

Some City fans think it was borderline GBH and can’t understand why anything else is even being discussed for a week, it was that serious.

Yet outside of City, a large percentage of people seem to think it was something and nothing.

While they’re raging about a GAME CHANGING incident in their game, that a lot of City fans saw and instantly forgot all about.

Think how much noise was generated when Haaland shouted at the ref compared to Ederson getting stamped in the head. The media admitted (Ogden) live on TV they made a fuss cos they know that’s how disciplinary decisions are acted on & we’re shocked he wasn’t banned.

I’ll make that simpler….. the media conspired to get Haaland banned when City had been wronged. That’s why other clubs get apologies, that’s why other clubs get the rub of the green.

It’s Howard Webb. He’s made VAR far worse, whilst VAR itself is undermining on field refs.

He always refereed the occasion & not by the laws of the game. That’s what pisses me off about him. I’m a fan of VAR but he’s made it impossible for his refs & played into the media hands & they can manipulate it.

What he says is true though.

You don’t agree with me, but don’t tell me I’m wrong or call me names. That’s cool. Fora are there for people to debate and people will disagree.

I, like Stephen, try to take emotion out of my analysis to be more objective. It’s still only my opinion, mind.
I like reading different opinions on our forums as it makes it more interesting.
I definitely don't agree with you on many occasions but try not to resort to name calling unless it's some fucking wum or dipper fan, but it's hard not to be emotionally involved when you see decision after decision go against your club when you know full well if they were to happen to certain teams the outcome would be totally different.
Hopefully we won't be lamenting another dismal performance from the officials and var tomorrow night, but I'm not entirely sure we will.
The thing that to my mind enforces the bias against us is we can win and win well yet still have concerns about the officials performance.

I'm at the end of my tether now. I can't understand why the club isn't coming out about the recent reffing decisions. Matches are just ruined for me at the moment because all I seem to focus on is reffing and VAR because I am convinced we are being done over by the FA/Prem league/PGMOL/SKY, or maybe a combination.

I have just watched Ref Watch and I was convinced that there would be reference to the shirt pulling in the handball decision that wasn't given but it was not mentioned at all. All they are focusing on is it not being handball and the fact that it is based on recent decisions but they were wrong too, not by the letter of the law but because it was unfair. So f**k constancy, let's get it right now - forget the letter of the law, forget previous decisions and consistency. Why? Because it's City FFS.

Look at this screenshot of the 'handball', why no comment about Dias not being able to jump because he's being pulled down by the knob who handles the ball and is also fouled by the other defender jumping on him.

1708348869227.png

I'm at the end of my tether now. I can't understand why the club isn't coming out about the recent reffing decisions. Matches are just ruined for me at the moment because all I seem to focus on is reffing and VAR because I am convinced we are being done over by the FA/Prem league/PGMOL/SKY, or maybe a combination.

I have just watched Ref Watch and I was convinced that there would be reference to the shirt pulling in the handball decision that wasn't given but it was not mentioned at all. All they are focusing on is it not being handball and the fact that it is based on recent decisions but they were wrong too, not by the letter of the law but because it was unfair. So f**k constancy, let's get it right now - forget the letter of the law, forget previous decisions and consistency. Why? Because it's City FFS.

Look at this screenshot of the 'handball', why no comment about Dias not being able to jump because he's being pulled down by the knob who handles the ball and is also fouled by the other defender jumping on him.

View attachment 107512
The clue we are being got at is the ref was looking right at the incident as he was for the doku stamp , a red shirted team would have got the pen there and then , he will demonstrate it when he does the dipper game this week

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.