Running thread

Been training up for the Great Manchester Run (HM version) at the end of the month. I've done it a few times before but for whatever reason I have been having problems with my hamstrings that have never been an issue in the past. First started during a bit of speedwork so took it easy for a couple of weeks and was building it up again (with no problems) then the right one went again last Tuesday on a race pace run (not bad - probably just a grade 1 strain). Tried it out again yesterday but still painful. May be related to the various lockdowns and the fact that I've spent most days sitting at a desk at home.

What are people's experiences of this? Should I just lay off it completely for the next 3 weeks and just accept that it's going to be a cr*p time or try and do some shorter runs to keep things mobile? Don't want to can the HM completely as I'm doing it alongside some of the guys from work as a charity thing.

Been training up for the Great Manchester Run (HM version) at the end of the month. I've done it a few times before but for whatever reason I have been having problems with my hamstrings that have never been an issue in the past. First started during a bit of speedwork so took it easy for a couple of weeks and was building it up again (with no problems) then the right one went again last Tuesday on a race pace run (not bad - probably just a grade 1 strain). Tried it out again yesterday but still painful. May be related to the various lockdowns and the fact that I've spent most days sitting at a desk at home.

What are people's experiences of this? Should I just lay off it completely for the next 3 weeks and just accept that it's going to be a cr*p time or try and do some shorter runs to keep things mobile? Don't want to can the HM completely as I'm doing it alongside some of the guys from work as a charity thing.
Rest it up and don’t worry about the time, same medal for first or last.

I'm loving it at the moment, doing well. Running round the pitches in the local park. Running on grass doesnt give me the usual calf problems I have and its a two birds one stone scenario as I take the dog with me

Apologies , I hate asking for donations

I am running marathon on Sunday and hope to raise a little for her treatment- went to school with this girl and she is battling stage 3 cancer, pls have a read of her story and a massive thanks if you can donate anything.

I am running marathon on Sunday and hope to raise a little for her treatment- went to school with this girl and she is battling stage 3 cancer, pls have a read of her story and a massive thanks if you can donate anything.

Good luck with the Marathon, and I'm happy to support this cause. I hope everything goes well for you and for Nicola.

Good luck mate

Anyone else had covid and struggled to get back to running? I did my first exercise last night after covid (been a couple of weeks now) and i literally ran for 2 minutes and felt like my lungs were being ripped out. Managed to do a bit but considering pre covid i was running regularly i feel like i'm right back to square one.

All the best to you and to Nicola. Just remember keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Hoping to do the Lancing 10k (just outside Brighton on the 24th) if I manage to get a ticket for Brighton away on the 23rd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.